TravelTalkOnline

The Moorings - Provisioning

Posted By: Flynny70

The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/12/2020 06:27 PM

I ordered provisions through The Moorings new online store website, as directed, but ran into technical issues. Anyone else have issues? Might be safer to just order direct from Riteway?
Posted By: louismcc

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/12/2020 07:35 PM

We're not going until July so I haven't done anything with the new website other than to create a login id. Have you tried going back and using the old website?

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/12/2020 07:43 PM

Yes. spoke to the Moorings and they said I had to use the new website. I even put a ticket in with the Moorings help/technical support, as I was told to do but haven't heard back. I tried logging back in a few times and starting from scratch, still not working. Doesn't seem like it's ready for prime time yet.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/13/2020 03:34 AM

The BVI was switched 2 days ago to a new system. You must log in using BVIstore.moorings.com. Orders that were not final did not port over. I had to start all over. Having said that once I was in the new system it worked fine and I received a detailed order summary via email.
George
Posted By: louismcc

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/13/2020 03:44 AM

One thing I didn't spot on the new site are the forms, or a way to enter the information, for split provisioning or easy on the cook packages. We sort of enjoyed the simplicity of a checklist supplemented by some additional food items. Even if we didn't order from Moorings, for example a couple of years when we went with Bobby's, the forms were a good checklist. We aren't going until July so I'll wait a bit to see how the new site shakes out.
Posted By: Sedona

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/14/2020 03:45 PM

We provisioned water and a few other heavy items ahead of time through Moorings. And then when we arrived to Moorings, we encountered an incredibly friendly guy named Edwin who works for a local supermarket— not Riteway or Bobby’s, but another market (I believe OneMart?) with better selection overall, not too far away from Moorings. Edwin drove us there and brought us back to Moorings. He was awesome! Just keep an eye out for him or ask someone when you arrive where Edwin is. He definitely helped us out. Pretty good business model for that supermarket, too.

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/14/2020 03:47 PM

awesome, I'll look out for Edwin.Thanks
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/14/2020 04:27 PM

Edwin was super nice, but we preferred the Riteway to the supermarket he took us to.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/14/2020 05:07 PM

OneMart provides free transportation to and from their store and Moorings/Sunsail marina. Just ask at the Moorings or Sunsail desk and they will call for them to pick you up. We prefer Riteway too.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/14/2020 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
Edwin was super nice, but we preferred the Riteway to the supermarket he took us to.

If you haven't been to Onemart in the last 2-3 months, it's worth another look. They have been remodeling and improving the selection of many items. Also, they have the biggest and freshest selection of local produce! Riteway does still have the best meat on the island though...
Posted By: Sedona

Re: The Moorings - Provisioning - 02/15/2020 12:21 AM

Definitely agree OneMart has better produce. Seemed to have better selection overall. We did go over to Riteway to find things OneMart didn’t have.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline