TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning Checkout Issues

Posted By: Cayzzz

Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/23/2020 10:38 PM

I've spent many hours preparing the provisioning for a trip with 4 couples on a power cat out of The Moorings, Tortola, that will start with a Sleep Aboard on March 6, 2020. I'm trying to submit orders through the provisioning websites for the items my group would like and cannot really get anywhere. I had to send a message to Caribbean Cellars through their website with my order, due to the checkout not working. For One mart I've been trying to checkout for a while and it errors out at the end. Now it's showing my cart empty. My order through The Moorings won't go through because "The entered payment data is invalid", even though I entered it 8 times.

I'm going to fax in my Bobby's Market order. My Riteway order went through on the website, but I'm struggling with the other companies due to their websites.

Is this all something we need to do upon arrival? I'm getting discouraged and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I have reached out to all the companies. I'm just looking for any tips or tricks from experienced travelers to navigate this as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/23/2020 10:54 PM

Why are you using MULTIPLE stores? I understand a grocery store and a separate one for spirits, but Bobby's AND Riteway(and One Mart)?

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 01:27 AM

Maximum amount of selection and simple savings. We live on boats, just not in the BVI, so we're fairly well aware of what we'll need to provision for 8 days. I'm confident in my order, but I just need to know if I'm the only one struggling this much while placing the orders.

Have you ordered from any of them? If so how did you get your order through?

Thanks!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 02:07 AM

Make sure you are on the new Moorings BVI store website. The old one will not work for BVI orders. Changed about two weeks ago.
Posted By: Sedona

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 02:26 AM

We found it easier to buy the items when we arrived.

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 02:27 AM

I'm on https://bvistore.moorings.com/ and I believe this is the new one. I used the that I believe was the old one for BVI (https://store.moorings.com/) when I was preparing the lists and had to do a lot of changes when they updated it. Thanks for the heads up though!

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sedona
We found it easier to buy the items when we arrived.

I'm starting to think that would be easier.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 12:56 PM

I used Carib Cellars and Bobbys for all things liquid and heavy. Ordered a week out from charter start...everything worked great. Crew picked up food items the on the morning we were to head out on the boat. We had an abundance of cold cuts as they seemed to be dirt cheap....
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 02:37 PM

We used Riteway in June and October and thought their site was convenient and up to date. Caribbean Cellars is not.
I had to email them with questions but they answered right away. Sooooo much easier to have them both deliver to the boat and then pick up items along the way. Happy sailing!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/24/2020 04:03 PM

I've always simplified life by ordering from Bobby's only. Use their offline spreadsheet and email it to them asking for a confirmation. Never had an issue.

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/25/2020 08:35 PM

Breakdown on what I learned:

The Moorings: They are still working out the bugs in their new system, but the woman in Florida who handles receiving the orders, Rachelle, is very sweet. You'll be talking to her if your cart won't check out. We think the issue with my checkout is that I'm using an Amex card to pay.

Bobby's Market: Download the order sheet, not the spreadsheet, fill it out, and email it to provisioning@bobbyssupermarket.com. They will email back confirming that they got your order and will communicate by email regarding totals and questions.

One Mart: You'll want to print out their spreadsheet, fill it out, and email it to orders@onemartfoods.com. I called and got that information.

Riteway: Order on their website. It works and they'll send you a confirmation email with a list for you to retain for your records.

Caribbean Cellars: Email your order to provisioning@caribbeancellars.com and they will respond. Do not submit it through their website, as the online ordering doesn't work and the contact form puts your list of purchases into one jumbled paragraph that they will email you about because it is unreadable.

Overall everyone was nice to deal with. I just wish I didn't waste so much time trying to get my online orders to work, since the sites for CC & OM don't work.

Hope this help someone in the future when traveling to the BVI.

Cheers & Happy Boating everyone!
Posted By: Mariag

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/25/2020 11:59 PM

Thank you. Very helpful!
Posted By: joeboo

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/26/2020 02:50 PM

Just another thought. We have 8 people and go for 2 weeks for the last 30 years.
What works best for us is to order liquor from tico or carib cellers. Have it delivered the night you get there.
No Problems. As to food. We make a very detailed list and divide it into three sections for rightway, 1. produce bakery and deli.
2. Dry goods. 3. dairy and frozen. Have three people go to the store. It will take about a hour to a hour and a half. Better result with no missed
items or subsi. Better quality control as and value.
Posted By: sunman60

Re: Provisioning Checkout Issues - 02/28/2020 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by joeboo
Just another thought. We have 8 people and go for 2 weeks for the last 30 years.
What works best for us is to order liquor from tico or carib cellers. Have it delivered the night you get there.
No Problems. As to food. We make a very detailed list and divide it into three sections for rightway, 1. produce bakery and deli.
2. Dry goods. 3. dairy and frozen. Have three people go to the store. It will take about a hour to a hour and a half. Better result with no missed
items or subsi. Better quality control as and value.

this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline