TravelTalkOnline

July charter?

Posted By: Dme

July charter? - 03/15/2020 10:08 PM

We are scheduled for our trip starting April 9 but the company is offering to let us reschedule within 6 months on the same boat. It looks like the only openings are at the end of July, end of August or early October. We have 6 tweens/teens amongst us and skipping school is getting harder so October is out. I know late summer is hot and hurricane risky. Would a late July charter be horrible? Just hot? We are from the south so we’re used to heat and humidity.
Posted By: CaptSharky

Re: July charter? - 03/15/2020 11:05 PM

What charter company are you going through? I'm scheduled to start our trip April 20.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: July charter? - 03/15/2020 11:09 PM

We're from Florida and sail the BVIs every July. Heat is no problem for us Floridians (can always jump in the water to cool off), but direct sun can be fierce, and sleeping quarters a bit uncomfortable without A/C. But, we enjoy it because - no crowds!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: July charter? - 03/16/2020 01:22 AM

I have been many July trips. Going again this July too. Hurricane is potential but September is heart of BVI Hurricane season
Posted By: jimmyb

Re: July charter? - 03/19/2020 05:43 PM

We will be there in Mid July as well and were wondering if most restaurants are typically still open that time of the year?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: July charter? - 03/19/2020 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyb
We will be there in Mid July as well and were wondering if most restaurants are typically still open that time of the year?

Yes, the restaurants will still be open. Most people seems to take a break after festival in August sometime and reopen by late October.
Posted By: jimmyb

Re: July charter? - 03/19/2020 05:54 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: CDJ

Re: July charter? - 03/19/2020 06:27 PM

Our charter company said most all businesses shut down August 15th thru the end of October.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: July charter? - 03/19/2020 08:37 PM

Your charter company are wrong, mid august then open mid October latest usually earlier for Interline Regatta that opens the season, but will it happen this year is another question.

There are also many bars & restaurants that stay open year round with fewer staff in the off season months.
Posted By: ligot

Re: July charter? - 03/20/2020 12:35 PM

Weather should be fine, it always is. I'm kind of curious about the businesses being open and the amount of people. With all the reschedules, it wouldn't surprise me if the summer is more populated than a usual summer season.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline