TravelTalkOnline

Positive vibes for the day

Posted By: Sandsailsun

Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 02:38 PM

As i sit here looking out at my frozen surroundings ( its -17 here this morning ) , i am reminded that this beauty awaits me ... when i can get there i will ... stay positive my TTOL friends .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=As17QPnyrfE
Posted By: bailau

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 03:31 PM

that is really cool...thanks for sharing

Rainy here in DC...
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 03:31 PM

Here's another one of the BVI from better times - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwK3afgfvzs
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 03:41 PM

Oops - that was a slideshow of just Jost van Dyke, here's the one I really wanted to post - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNMsNYE1kIQ&t=37s

(There's a couple of favorites there... Mal... Michael Beans... many other "classic" locations as well!)
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 06:27 PM

Thanks to you both. What I enjoyed most was the pre storms shots. Thanks again!
Posted By: Bamaboy

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 07:46 PM

Just WOW Thanks guys.I am schedule for arrival on June 17 for 10 days on a power cat from Moorings I am so afraid we won't make it.Make this virus go away. This would have been my 7th trip and I am getting on in years so afraid I may never get back.Damn now you got me crying.Thanks and keep tubes and photos coming

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bamaboy
Just WOW Thanks guys.I am schedule for arrival on June 17 for 10 days on a power cat from Moorings I am so afraid we won't make it.Make this virus go away. This would have been my 7th trip and I am getting on in years so afraid I may never get back.Damn now you got me crying.Thanks and keep tubes and photos coming

I made several of these a few years ago ....here is another one with the same song .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALRbDD90KB0
Posted By: DaveF

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/23/2020 09:23 PM

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.”

Richard Bach, Illusions.

Dave
Posted By: toast

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/24/2020 10:34 AM

Just what the doctor ordered on this dreary, sequestered morning....... thank you for sharing.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/24/2020 06:59 PM

Beautiful Kim..I got to spend some time with Christopher Cross not long after he recorded that lovely song ( and many others). Brought back fond memories of a cool guy singing a song that should be the BVI anthem!
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/24/2020 07:11 PM

Like it!!!
Posted By: Slug

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/26/2020 01:44 AM

Perfect Kim - love the turtle scene! Ice still on Sturgeon Lake N of Toronto but hopefully out in the next week.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/26/2020 03:42 PM

Kim sorry to hear you are still iced in -- I sailed from STT to the Miramichi a few years ago - had to wait at the bottom of that river and a guide came down to show us the way up to the town dock -USVI tall ship schooner on our way to the Great Lakes tour -- the hull did get quite stained from the tannic water from a lumber mill.
great folks and a very gracious welcome for our vessel and all the crew. Nice little town - but obviously very COLD.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/26/2020 03:43 PM

If we're sharing BVI videos, check out this video of me and my friends dinghying around the North Sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNconqHYlXA
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/26/2020 06:46 PM

Great video
Posted By: ligot

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/27/2020 12:19 PM

Hey Kim, thanks for the videos. Would you be able to tell me what software you used to create the videos and where you learned to use it? I have a ton of GoPro video I'd like to match with still photos and music but when I went thru the Go Pro editing software I didn't find it intuitive. Felt like I could use some guidance.

Also, VirginGordaResident, was that beach on Prickly Pear?

Thanks!
Dave
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/27/2020 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ligot
Hey Kim, thanks for the videos. Would you be able to tell me what software you used to create the videos and where you learned to use it? I have a ton of GoPro video I'd like to match with still photos and music but when I went thru the Go Pro editing software I didn't find it intuitive. Felt like I could use some guidance.

Thanks!
Dave

Hey Dave. Yup, Vixen Point aka Sandbox Beach Bar Beach

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/27/2020 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by LocalSailor
Kim sorry to hear you are still iced in -- I sailed from STT to the Miramichi a few years ago - had to wait at the bottom of that river and a guide came down to show us the way up to the town dock -USVI tall ship schooner on our way to the Great Lakes tour -- the hull did get quite stained from the tannic water from a lumber mill.
great folks and a very gracious welcome for our vessel and all the crew. Nice little town - but obviously very COLD.

My harbour pilot husband wants to know what vessel and what year ? Your paths may have crossed

Re: Positive vibes for the day - 03/27/2020 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ligot

Thanks!
Dave

Oh goodness I can’t remember now !!! Maybe windows movie maker ?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline