TravelTalkOnline

Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez

Posted By: Guineaman

Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/02/2020 02:39 PM

We decided to have Painkillers last night while we watched Kenny Chesney talk about his new album on YouTube. I bought the Coco Lopez a week or so ago at my local Publix. I know that Coco Lopez likes to congeal, so I took it out of the pantry a couple of times during the week and shook it up. When I put it back on the shelf I laid it on it's side or turned it upside down.

So, Painkiller time comes, and I open the Coco Lopez and pour into a 2 cup Pirex measuring cup. I then whisked the h_ll out of it to make it mix together.

But when I made the drinks, the Cocoa Lopez didn't mix well, and there were LOTS of little pieces of coconut in the drinks. A bit off-putting, not like that place on JVD at all.

So what am I doing wrong. I've made bunches of PKs along the way, and I can't ever remember this happening.

Does anyone have a tip or technique that I should use to make the Coco Lopez mix well w/ the rest of the stuff.

Many thanks in advance ... and stay safe. This, too, shall pass.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/02/2020 03:06 PM

Mechanically Blend it?
Posted By: psod

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/02/2020 03:38 PM

the better stuff is called "Coco Re'al" real gourmet coconut cream,, it's in a white squeeze bottle,, Walmart and ABC carry it
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/04/2020 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Guineaman
We decided to have Painkillers last night while we watched Kenny Chesney talk about his new album on YouTube. I bought the Coco Lopez a week or so ago at my local Publix. I know that Coco Lopez likes to congeal, so I took it out of the pantry a couple of times during the week and shook it up. When I put it back on the shelf I laid it on it's side or turned it upside down.

So, Painkiller time comes, and I open the Coco Lopez and pour into a 2 cup Pirex measuring cup. I then whisked the h_ll out of it to make it mix together.

But when I made the drinks, the Cocoa Lopez didn't mix well, and there were LOTS of little pieces of coconut in the drinks. A bit off-putting, not like that place on JVD at all.

So what am I doing wrong. I've made bunches of PKs along the way, and I can't ever remember this happening.

Does anyone have a tip or technique that I should use to make the Coco Lopez mix well w/ the rest of the stuff.

Many thanks in advance ... and stay safe. This, too, shall pass.

I'm surprised you still had issues but the can was probably old. Sometimes, I've submerged the can in a sink of hot water for 10 minutes before shaking up really well and then opening. The chunks make me think it was drying up in the can and was just old.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/04/2020 02:41 PM

I microwave it cool
works every time
Posted By: SonOfTheSea

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/04/2020 11:30 PM

The trick is putting the can in hot water for a good 10 minutes. I have had the same thing happen to me and I found that suggestion somewhere, it definitely works.

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/05/2020 01:42 AM

Put the whole can into a glass measuring cup - zap it in the microwave. East peezy.
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/07/2020 07:33 PM

I know someone has posted a recipe. I did a search but every hit I found was about drinking them - anyone give me a quick DIY
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/07/2020 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by knitsoftwear
I know someone has posted a recipe. I did a search but every hit I found was about drinking them - anyone give me a quick DIY

Walker has my go to recipe.

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/08/2020 12:01 PM

You can also do a big batch by using an empty water jug — empty one can of pineapple juice (46oz) - about 11 oz of no-pulp OJ - whole can of coco lopez. Shake shake shake. Do not add the rum - keep it separate so you can adjust everything.
Posted By: Thistle

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/08/2020 12:43 PM

Recipe:

Use the Coco Lopez can as your "can" measure, the ratio remains the same.......

1 can of Coco Lopez
1 can of OJ
4 cans of Pineapple juice
as much Rum as you like
Nutmeg to sprinkle on top

Again, use the Coco Lopez as your measuring can for orange juice and pineapple juice.
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/08/2020 08:36 PM

Thank you everyone !
Posted By: ligot

Re: Secrets/Tips for Coco Lopez - 05/09/2020 12:30 PM

I'm with Winterstale, make it by the pitcher. Something with a cap or lid so you can shake it. Trying to make them individually is just too messy. Adding the rum later means you can adjust the alcohol with every drink and also use a reasonable size container.

The Capt doesn't really drink them and I rarely have more than two. Love them but sooooooo sweet. smile So for to avoid the mess and an open Coco Lopez container I make the pitcherful on a Friday and easily lasts the weekend in the fridge. Just need to be able to shake the hell out of it before pouring.

Pour a couple and pull up the Soggy Webcam.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline