TravelTalkOnline

BVI Airways..

Posted By: Manpot

BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 04:49 PM

Just announced that a criminal investigation has been launched into the BVI Airways fiasco and the $7 million plus of taxpayers money that went nowhere ( except, maybe, into a few pockets).This should be interesting.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 05:48 PM

Imagine 7 million invested in a great ferry system!

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 06:17 PM

Bingo George..and one TTOLer , Glenn Ashmore,sent the Gov a detailed outline on how the ferry service could become amazingly efficient and turn a big profit for all in involved..they are going to remodel STT airport and all we need is dedicated taxis running to the ferry dock with modern, catamaran ferries running every couple of hours.. Have a BVI Tourist Board member greeting deplaners with a rum punch and send then on their, uncomplicated and comfortable, way to the BVI's
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 07:07 PM

Having financed several small airline companies in the past I warned people that it was financially untenable from the moment they started talking about the plan.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 08:56 PM

On top of those modern ferries place BVI customs on board to preclear passengers or even better put KIOSKS for customs clearance onboard the ferries or at the STT ferry terminal to preclear. If I can clear Customs in many places in the world by Kiosks or a smart phone app the BVI should be able to figure it out. The cost savings would be huge with the personnel reductions. If I can waltz into Israel without speaking to a customs agent I think the BVI can make it work.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 09:08 PM

Ummm... I don't think personnel reductions and cost savings are desirable to BVI government.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 09:15 PM

^^^Exactly. The airport has been closed for months. How many workers do you think have been furloughed? The government is the preferred employer of Belongers, read: voters.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: BVI Airways.. - 05/28/2020 10:25 PM

The BVI is getting squeezed from several directions. Tax revenue is still down due to Irmamaria. Crackdowns on offshore banking and corporate formations have hit really hard. Covid is the straw that will break the camels back. The UK Govt is not iin a position to bail out the BVI. T.hey can’t afford their own bills. Generations of snotty attitudes by Belongers towards tourists that have funded the economy are going to come home to roost. Maybe the children of privileged government officials will need to get jobs are servers and housekeepers in order to get by as the government goes broke.
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: BVI Airways.. - 06/01/2020 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Bingo George..and one TTOLer , Glenn Ashmore,sent the Gov a detailed outline on how the ferry service could become amazingly efficient and turn a big profit for all in involved..they are going to remodel STT airport and all we need is dedicated taxis running to the ferry dock with modern, catamaran ferries running every couple of hours.. Have a BVI Tourist Board member greeting deplaners with a rum punch and send then on their, uncomplicated and comfortable, way to the BVI's

I think Glenn should email this proposal to them once a week, every week for the foreseeable future...
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: BVI Airways.. - 06/01/2020 04:39 PM

Agree Laura!

Re: BVI Airways.. - 06/01/2020 04:56 PM

Glenn..where are you?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline