TravelTalkOnline

Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1

Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/05/2020 07:18 PM

Hi folks! We are looking to book a boat in the BVI around Dec. 21st / 2020. Any thoughts on if you think they will allow us to check out of BVI and check into St John USVI & check back in. We have done this on every trip. Just wanted to get people's feedback..
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/05/2020 07:29 PM

Any answer will be speculation at this point. For the real answer, you'll need to wait a while. Sorry.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/05/2020 10:04 PM

Most likely you will need current negative COVID tests going both ways, with the possibility of a 14-day quarantine. I wouldn't even contemplate doing that. But as JasonH says, it's all speculation.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/05/2020 10:57 PM

I wouldn't recommend trying it on this trip. We've done this a number of times over the years. Sometimes no trouble. Other times, it's been a pain, particularly clearing back into BVI. I'm guessing it won't be worth the trouble, and risk, until the COVID protocols get established and the kinks worked out (which may not be for some time).
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/06/2020 12:27 AM

Honestly, I'd still be concerned about making a trip in December, let alone checking out and back in. I'd wait until they give more details on how things will work.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Checking boats into USVI after Dec. 1 - 10/06/2020 02:53 AM

We are booked 12/3-12/14 and while I really wish we could head to STJ for a couple of nights....not this time. I would not risk the hassle.

At this point I’m just crossing my fingers that we make it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline