TravelTalkOnline

Need some clarifications

Posted By: macaroni

Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 03:05 AM

Looks like we will be able to do our March trip to Virgin Gorda. we will both have our vaccines so feel more comfortable traveling and have enough time that the extra quarantine at our Villa will be fine....Some questions...

1. If we overnight in San Juan before a morning flight to EIS, will we have quarantine issues or will our negative test before flying cover us? Maybe we should just go straight and avoid overnighting in SA juan?

2. Our transportation to VG from Tortola is part of the quarantine, taken care of by the Government....but our return to EIS will be on us for our return flight....is the ferry running from Spanishtown to Eis? Regular schedule? Need to make sure my connections work.

3. Any info on whether the VG airport is open for private flights out....
4. Any things we should be considering/planning to make things go smoothly.

Thank you all!
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 12:56 PM

check www.anegadexpress.com they run Tues, Thur, Sat, Sun from Spanish Town to Trellis
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 01:09 PM

1. Currently, if you leave the SJU airport, you need a negative test within 72 hours and authorization from their portal. We're recommending to our guests to avoid leaving the airport if you can.

2. Speedy's is "relaunching full service to Trellis Bay 11 January 2021" according to their website. Schedule here.

3. I'd check directly with your preferred private carrier

4. Be patient and ask questions sooner than later when it comes to the BVI Gateway. Lots of resources available to help you between here and Facebook.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 01:50 PM

You still need to do the Puerto Rico protocols, even for the airport hotel.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 03:04 PM

Unknown when the VG airport will open. Last thing I heard was it was to be totally paved.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Need some clarifications - 01/14/2021 03:31 PM

Thank you all for your assistance... I guess we will avoid leaving the airport to play it safe and have 1 less issue to navigate....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline