TravelTalkOnline

Travel Insurance - Who are you using?

Posted By: Java230

Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 02:29 AM

Who are you all using for travel insurance that covers COVID?
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 03:27 AM

Our boat is with Moorings, I just got the Moorings travel insurance. Not sure that I really need it, but it was accepted last time.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 03:54 AM

When you fill out the EHAS form for entry into St. Maarten, I do believe it is now mandatory that you buy $30 of covid insurance. You pay for it when you are submitting approval documentation.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 12:28 PM

I went on to Squaremouth and put covid coverage as a filter... then pretty much picked the cheapest one...Hoping it is OK... have not gotten much feedback on exactly what the coverage must say... this one says covid covered under trip cancellation and covid is covered under medical.....we don't go until March...
Trawick International is the name...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 02:02 PM

phillygirl--that is true of SXM, yes, but this is the BVI forum.
Posted By: Stevepoz

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 06:12 PM

We bought ours through Travel Guard. Covers illness but not quarantine
Posted By: bailau

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
Our boat is with Moorings, I just got the Moorings travel insurance. Not sure that I really need it, but it was accepted last time.

was the insurance the one they build into the quote?

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stevepoz
We bought ours through Travel Guard. Covers illness but not quarantine

Stevepoz- have you used it yet, uploaded it? Just curious if anyone has run into an issue with the type of insurance they get.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/04/2021 11:36 PM

I saw something on one of the BVI Abroad Facebook page recently posted and saved it. Having not traveled there yet I cannot vouch for it but thought I would share it.
www.auraassistance.com
Apparently they are approved by the Gov of the VI. Price is 9.75 USD a day and seems pretty comprehensive.

While my health insc. covers me globally and for Covid (with lots of phone calls for approval of services for anything major), for 9.75 a day I would think about using this. My thought is that if its approved by the Government and I need medical assistance it may be easier to have that than deal w my heath insc. company.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/05/2021 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by bailau

was the insurance the one they build into the quote?

We are using owner time, so it may be a bit different. The insurance does appear on the invoice ( about $170 per person ). I upload that invoice both as proof of insurance and covid lodging. It may not be a great value, but it seemed easiest and it worked out in December.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/05/2021 03:52 PM

We got our travel insurance from Forbes/SquareMouth/Travel Safe. For basic coverage (excluding trip cancellation) is was $118 for two of us for 15 days. It was accepted by BVI

This is the link I used to get a quote:

https://www.squaremouth.com/22390-4195/axa-assistance-usa

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/05/2021 04:39 PM

Did you just upload the 1 page policy info? Was Travel Safe the name of the Insurance Company that you used?
Posted By: Husker

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/05/2021 06:29 PM

Yes, Travel Safe Insurance.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 02/06/2021 12:14 AM

We just used our normal Blue Cross/Shield coverage and it was accepted. They are really just concerned with the medical insurance. If you get sick they want to know that your hospitalization will be paid for and that if their hospital can't handle you, you are covered to be flown elsewhere.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 09/07/2021 12:04 AM

There are two questions: what will it take to get government approval to enter the territory, and what do you need to protect yourself financially. The first can be a letter from your medical insurer saying it covers you internationally. The second is more complicated, as there are a number of risks.

What happens if your pre-travel test is positive and you have to cancel your trip? Can your tickets be refunded or credited? What about your house or boat rental? If you test positive on arrival or prior to departure, can you afford to quarantine in a hotel (that may not be of your choosing)? What if you require medical evacuation? The answers to these questions will determine what insurance you need.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 09/07/2021 02:35 PM

Allianz is s one insurer that has clear and explicit language describing their COVID-19 coverages including testing positive (asymptomatically) and incurring costs associated with the required quarantine.
I can also vouch for their extremely prompt and thorough service in an emergency. The questions raised above are all answered by their coverage…

Be aware that you do not always have access to Allianz and other excellent insurers using the comparison sites like Insure My Trip and Squaremouth…

[EDIT] We are using Trawick next year for their even higher medical/medivac limits. But we have a home and don’t need to worry about insurance covering any quarantine costs. But for great COVID-19 coverage and service we cannot recommend Allianz highly enough!
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 09/07/2021 02:47 PM

We used AuraAssistance in April and will again in October, I think it was about 9 dollars a day per traveler.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Travel Insurance - Who are you using? - 09/07/2021 02:59 PM

We are using owner time, so it may be a bit different. The insurance does appear on the invoice ( about $170 per person ). I upload that invoice both as proof of insurance and covid lodging. It may not be a great value, but it seemed easiest and it worked out in December.

That is very pricey as compared to the comp/medical policies we purchase…
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline