TravelTalkOnline

The Moorings provisioning options

Posted By: Droner

The Moorings provisioning options - 02/17/2021 02:50 PM

We visit BVI in May on a 14 day bareboat with The Moorings. We are starting to plan for provisions and of course Moorings has a web based solution however it does not seem user friendly. I can’t find a way to download the list to a spreadsheet nor does it indicate what I have already selected to the cart during prior visits to the portal. “Did I already add that wine?” Are there other provisioning options that I can rely on getting the goods to the boat on time? Are there ones that give me more or other options? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/17/2021 03:16 PM

Both Bobby's and Riteway have an online option for provisioning. I've had good success with both.

Riteway

Bobby's
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/17/2021 03:57 PM

We also used Caribbean Cellars for a portion of our provisioning and were happy with the service.

Since there generally is no delivery fee it wouldn't be the worst idea to spread provisions over more than one supplier in case there is a hitch, especially if you can't leave your boat.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/17/2021 04:21 PM

I seem to recall you can see your entire order but I forget exactly how on the website. The Moorings system is turn key. Everything will be on the boat when you arrive. The other options are hit or miss.
G
Posted By: Droner

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/18/2021 03:55 PM

Wow. Thanks Jason. Riteway does have a lot of options. I will check out Bobby’s later this evening. And yes MrEZ, not being able to leave the boat has us more concerned this trip vs our prior trip. And if it’s a bit late getting to the boat, I don’t think I’ll be in a huge hurry to blast off to a quarantine anchorage.
Posted By: Dorothy

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/23/2021 03:02 PM

Hi, going thorough moorings in late April , I have heard that they discouraged tourist from shopping in person at groceries stores ? Does anyone who has recently travel to BVI know? Also are the mooring fields busy , would you recommend reservations. Also restaurants,, are they open in Bite, cane Garden bay, Scrub island , Bitter end. Anegada? And finally anyone been tested in Anegada ?

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/23/2021 03:21 PM

As long as you have been cleared after your Day 4 test and have had your tracking bracelet removed, shopping for groceries is not an issue.

The mooring fields are not busy. 4 boats is a busy night in Cane Garden Bay

Lots of restaurants are open but many have limited days/hours. In Cane Garden Bay, Quito's, Paradise Club, Rhymers, Elms, Pusser's at Myett's, Glenn's Seaside, Banana's, and Indigo House are open.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/23/2021 04:26 PM

I just spoke to Ann from Cow Wreck a couple of days ago and I received an e-mail from BVI Health Services Authority yesterday - testing is now available at the clinic on Anegada - both for "Day Four" and "Test for Travel". Keep in mind, as with the other Sister Islands (Anegada, Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda) that the samples collected (from our noses) in the clinics have to be sent to the hospital on Tortola for processing in their lab. That may introduce some delay in getting your results. To date they have been doing quite well at sticking to their commitments to return results in a timely manner but some of the process is outside of their control.

Attached picture COVID-19 Testing Page 4.jpg
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/24/2021 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Droner
We visit BVI in May on a 14 day bareboat with The Moorings. We are starting to plan for provisions and of course Moorings has a web based solution however it does not seem user friendly. I can’t find a way to download the list to a spreadsheet nor does it indicate what I have already selected to the cart during prior visits to the portal. “Did I already add that wine?” Are there other provisioning options that I can rely on getting the goods to the boat on time? Are there ones that give me more or other options? Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you click on the Cart in the right upper corner of Moorings form you will get a list of your order.
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/24/2021 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hi, going thorough moorings in late April , I have heard that they discouraged tourist from shopping in person at groceries stores ? Does anyone who has recently travel to BVI know? Also are the mooring fields busy , would you recommend reservations. Also restaurants,, are they open in Bite, cane Garden bay, Scrub island , Bitter end. Anegada? And finally anyone been tested in Anegada ?

Shopping on your own upon arrival is not discouraged, it is a violation of quarantine subject to major fines. Mooring fields as of early February when I was there were almost deserted. The restaurants in the Bight or any where else can only be visited after clearing quarantine on day 5. You are not allowed to moor in the Bight until after quarantine. They have been reportedly delivering food to Benures bay after radio or telephone orders. Saba (not Scrub) Island is still under construction, but may open in the relatively near future. Bitter End is still under construction. Check their website. In my experience, many Anegada restaurants opened if there were customers.

Re: The Moorings provisioning options - 02/24/2021 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by FRANKIE2
Scrub Island is still under construction, but may open in the relatively near future

Did you mean Saba Rock? Scrub has been open for some time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline