TravelTalkOnline

Well we've booked it

Posted By: louismcc

Well we've booked it - 03/04/2021 09:56 PM

Our 07/2020 10 day trip that we postponed to a 10 day trip for 07/2021 has now morphed into a 14 day trip to accommodate the likely quarantine days. My son says about the quarantine "Definitely worst ways of quarantining than a secluded beach with alcohol". To me about the only thing good I can say about COVID is that it has given us an excuse to spend more days in the BVI.

With some great assistance over the phone from a Delta agent we were able to move our return flights 3 days, retain our first class seats, and not have to "spend" any more miles to do so. We're flying into St. Thomas figuring that we have options if the ferries aren't running. There are 5 of us so a charter flight is a possibility or we can do the water taxi hybrid thing with Dolphin Water Taxi.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/04/2021 10:44 PM

What are your new dates?
Posted By: bailau

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/04/2021 11:15 PM

we did same....6/14-6/28. Time to herd the cats and hopefully get some immunized by then

at least the flights were cheap from DCA to EIS
Posted By: bailau

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/04/2021 11:24 PM

we did same....6/14-6/28. Time to herd the cats and hopefully get some immunized by then

at least the flights were cheap from DCA to EIS
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/04/2021 11:49 PM

Winterstale: We arrive 06/30 with a sleep aboard. Charter starts 07/01 with a return morning of 07/15. Now to dig out all the tips about COVID insurance coverage!
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/05/2021 12:46 AM

That's a great attitude, we also added days to our trip in April.
Posted By: Nanchip

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/16/2021 05:39 PM

Welp- We just did the same thing, Hoping the 4th time is a charm! Extended an additional 3 days to compensate for some Q Time so we're now looking at May 20-30.
Florida girl hoping to visit some of her previous fav's. Looks like most places are open on the weekends but hit or miss during the mid-week.
Note to Self: Book your 0-4 days during the midweek.
Winterstale: Please keep me in the loop re: the COVID insurance coverage options. I found one that looks like a viable plan but it's not on the proposed list of vendors.
Love the enthusiasm on this post!!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/16/2021 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nanchip
Welp- We just did the same thing, Hoping the 4th time is a charm! Extended an additional 3 days to compensate for some Q Time so we're now looking at May 20-30.
Florida girl hoping to visit some of her previous fav's. Looks like most places are open on the weekends but hit or miss during the mid-week.
Note to Self: Book your 0-4 days during the midweek.
Winterstale: Please keep me in the loop re: the COVID insurance coverage options. I found one that looks like a viable plan but it's not on the proposed list of vendors.
Love the enthusiasm on this post!!

We had several guests travel with just a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield stating their normal policies covered them internationally. No mention of COVID, evacuation, or quarantine costs.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/16/2021 06:14 PM

Jason ~ Thanks....I have BCBS. Will look into that!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/16/2021 06:17 PM

Send me a PM with your email and I can send an example.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Well we've booked it - 03/16/2021 06:54 PM

We are getting ready to pull the trigger and plan a long stay at the villa on Jost.

It has been way too long!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline