TravelTalkOnline

Laundromats

Posted By: louismcc

Laundromats - 06/10/2021 01:09 PM

Our go to place for mid-trip laundry, Leverick Bay, won't be open in time for our July charter, so I'm trying to figure out alternatives along our planned route.

I assume there is one in Spanish Town and on Tortola we've used one in Cane Garden Bay. Is there anything on else on Virgin Gorda, or on Jost van Dyke or Anegada? Do the resort marinas at Scrub Island and Oil Nut Bay have any sort of laundry service?
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Laundromats - 06/10/2021 03:46 PM

There is a small laundry facility on the right just past Lil' Bits at the government (ferry) dock at Setting Point, Anegada (easy walk from the ferry dock or Potters dinghy dock). Our experience in past years was it was hit or miss whether the machine(s) would be working. We didn't use it this last trip.
Posted By: CaptnAndy

Re: Laundromats - 06/10/2021 10:11 PM

We dropped off laundry in Road town (somewhere near Bobby's?)
It was pretty reasonable, and they did the washing & drying!
We dropped the laundry off one afternoon, and our taxi driver
picked it up for us the next morning! I believe the driver was
Andrew, who works with TMM. They probably could have done
it all in one day, but we dropped off to them late in the day.
Posted By: CaptnAndy

Re: Laundromats - 06/10/2021 10:15 PM

We've asked about laundry at Scrub, and they don't have any public laundry facilities available.

You COULD get a room for the night....the units have a washer & dryer in them, but that
would be some pretty expensive laundry!
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Laundromats - 06/10/2021 10:53 PM

One option we may pursue is something we've done in the past when we did a 14 day charter and that is return to Moorings and spend the night there. That way we can do a mid-trip reprovision as well as laundry. In the pre-shore powered AC days, we'd also get a hotel room because it was pretty warm at night and not much breeze made it inside the boat.

We'll probably work out our itinerary to make it to Cane Garden Bay for wash day since it is a good place to hang out while running the clothes.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Laundromats - 06/10/2021 11:14 PM

This reminds me . . . many years ago (many) . . . we stayed several days at the Mariner Inn before our charter and so we had some dirty laundry. I asked about having it washed and they told me they had someone who could do it. The next day our clean laundry returned, all neatly folded and my briefs were starched and ironed! Thank heavens I would be wearing a bathing suit for the next week or so . . .
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Laundromats - 06/13/2021 01:57 PM

ONB will do laundry as a service for Marina guests through our central laundry/housekeeping team. No public washer/dryers available to use though
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline