TravelTalkOnline

Private boats - PR Navy!

Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/26/2021 04:44 PM

There is a nice view from my Sunset Cam of the Puerto Rican Navy boats in CGB. There has been a nice parade of beautiful boats coming from West End and stopping in CGB. Probably at least 25 or 30 over the last few days! Great to see them back.

I have the camera temporarily zoomed in a little bit for a better view! Just click on the Sunset Cam button at the top of my website.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/26/2021 06:08 PM

Thanks Jason. Great shot!!
Posted By: Boulderboy

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/26/2021 08:16 PM

Thanks Jason!
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/26/2021 10:46 PM

Rafting is permissible? Now?
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/26/2021 10:55 PM

So, my question is,,,, does this mean the BVI is now open to allowing private boats to enter? If so my question is,,,,, owning a boat in the BVI, can you leave BVI to visit Spanish Virgin Islands and then return to the BVI? If the answer is yes, how many hoops do you need to jump through? In the past, I often “checked out” of the BVI, went over to St John for a few days and returned. What would be the current rules regarding COVID tests????
Just wondering, Frank
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver

Assuming those are not charter boats.

(Edit): Charter companies do not allow rafting.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver

There are no rules against rafting in the BVI that I am aware off.
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 12:27 PM

Keep in mind that they are private boats, and their presence is usually not completely legal? That whole check-in check-out thing gets in the way sometimes.....
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 01:12 PM

My understanding is that people on boats clearing in at West End do not get tested. They should need a PCR test to get back to Puerto Rico.

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by gordapeak
Keep in mind that they are private boats, and their presence is usually not completely legal? That whole check-in check-out thing gets in the way sometimes.....

I don't think these guys coming over from PR with their $2m+ sport fisher, towing their $400k center console, with 3 or 4 $12k efoil boards are going to risk immigration and potential seizure issues to avoid a stop at West End or JVD. Filling out the gateway and taking a rapid test (which I've heard they are currently skipping) isn't that big of a deal.

There has been a noticeable increase in marine patrols including the customs and police boats. I think they are mostly patrolling for curfew but I'd bet the increase in private boats entering also has their attention.

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jagmansr
So, my question is,,,, does this mean the BVI is now open to allowing private boats to enter? If so my question is,,,,, owning a boat in the BVI, can you leave BVI to visit Spanish Virgin Islands and then return to the BVI? If the answer is yes, how many hoops do you need to jump through? In the past, I often “checked out” of the BVI, went over to St John for a few days and returned. What would be the current rules regarding COVID tests????
Just wondering, Frank

Technically, it's been open to private boats up to 78' for several weeks. Not sure what the regulations are but if you're interested, it might make sense to start with one of the concierge services. They seem to have good information for most of the protocols.

I'm guessing the Spanish VI follows the PR protocols which requires a PCR or Antigen test within 72 hours and an approval from their Travel Safe portal. To return to the BVI, a PCR or Antigen test within 5 days, filling out the gateway, and a rapid antigen test on arrival (or PCR and 7 day quarantine for non-vaxxed).
Posted By: picaflores

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 02:13 PM

Small Vessel Entry and Water Taxi Protocols Approved:

https://bvi.gov.vg/media-centre/sma...ycWVKbzRVgx0NeZIW1xoOHkmEy1y93-_l60AfUCE
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 05:30 PM

Yeah, good point. I am still used to "the good old days".

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/27/2021 05:33 PM

Here are the actual protocols for anyone wanting to bring their boat in.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 07/31/2021 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
My understanding is that people on boats clearing in at West End do not get tested. They should need a PCR test to get back to Puerto Rico.

PCR test to enter PR no longer needed if you've been vaxxed

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 08/02/2021 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by casailor53
Originally Posted by RatmansWife

PCR test to enter PR no longer needed if you've been vaxxed

That should make it much easier to come and go to PR. I wonder how they are getting around the CDC requirement for testing of international arrivals. Too bad the BVI vaccines aren't on their list!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 08/02/2021 05:11 PM

Does the CDC requirement only apply to air arrivals?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Private boats - PR Navy! - 08/02/2021 08:00 PM

The CDC applies only to air arrivals however the USVI has their own requirements.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline