TravelTalkOnline

Need Another Doctor

Posted By: Husker

Need Another Doctor - 08/06/2021 03:05 PM

Hey TTOL friends - I have a friend who needs a good doctor. He's been sick for months. The doctors at Peebles give a different diagnosis every time he sees them. The last one, 2-3 weeks ago was Dengue Fever. I'm trying to find another source of healthcare. As far as I know Peebles is the only place to go in the BVI. Are there any good doctors in the USVI, or PR? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Need Another Doctor - 08/06/2021 03:21 PM

Peebles is the public hospital. There is also Bougainvilla, owned by Dr. Heskith Vanderpool, who also owns Eureka. There are also Penn and B&F clinics. He might try Dr. Goldsmith at Eureka, Indian guy who also practiced in Ireland.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Need Another Doctor - 08/06/2021 03:28 PM

Thanks! I'll pass that along.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Need Another Doctor - 08/06/2021 06:30 PM

We had a very good experience with the Austrian born doctor at Eureka..sorry cant remember his name but his daughter is a famous British stage actress.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Need Another Doctor - 08/06/2021 07:26 PM

Dr. Klas Buring, I also saw him when I had my back injury last year.
Posted By: JanessaMiller

Re: Need Another Doctor - 06/24/2022 01:39 AM

He may be able to get help at a public hospital in your city or get a referral to a larger one. You can also go to private clinics that may specialize in a particular disease.
Posted By: capttom

Re: Need Another Doctor - 06/24/2022 12:27 PM

Dengue Fever is actually a test so it is unlikely that a doctor would mis diagnose that. There are alot of very good doctors in the BVI and changing geography doesn't necessarily guarantee better care, I have consistently received excellent care atPeebles, Eureka and Bouganvillea. Also the Penn Medical Clinic out by Fort Burt is recommended.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline