TravelTalkOnline

Help needed in cancelling a contract

Posted By: CDJ

Help needed in cancelling a contract - 08/12/2021 04:12 PM

I agree, We have had reservations through Conch charters since 2019moved dates twice, travel ins then did not cover Pandemics, and now my Husband dies in a MNT bike accident in Flagstaff AZ our captian, sigh............ I am his wife (crew) using his sign on to travel talk on line.

Is there anyone out there who can give me advice on loop holes through contracts under these circumstances. so much has changed and still is day by day since 2019, who knew..........

Thank all, Melinda
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Help needed in cancelling a contract - 08/12/2021 04:20 PM

Hello Melinda. First, our condolences on your loss.

I have made this it's own thread. Best wishes..
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Help needed in cancelling a contract - 08/12/2021 05:20 PM

Sorry for your loss.

I would suggest giving them a call to see if they can simply refund at this point given the circumstances. Also, if you had travel insurance for the original trip, would it still apply to the rescheduling?

If none of that works, maybe you can simply find someone looking to book and transfer your booking to them or something? Basically find a replacement for your trip?
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Help needed in cancelling a contract - 08/12/2021 05:28 PM

Conch is in seasonal down-time right now, but their office is staffed and ready to discuss bookings and reservations. I've always found the desk staff at Conch reasonable and empathetic. Call them on the telephone.

Also be prepared with copies of death certificate and be ready to reference your family attorney.

My condolences, Mellinda. Just too much sadness in too short a time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline