TravelTalkOnline

EIS airfare drop

Posted By: GeorgeC1

EIS airfare drop - 10/11/2021 03:45 PM

There has been a large drop in airfares on American to EIS. We just booked for 630 roundtrip from CLT and from LAX another crew member is getting 820.00. Lowest EIS fares I have seen in 10 years and a drop of almost half from 3 weeks ago. These are for next month but checked April and similar fares are available.
G
Posted By: toast

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/11/2021 09:21 PM

Geez those are good. I still see close to 900 for Newark or Philly to EIS.... I will keep looking and thanks for the glimmer of hope.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/11/2021 11:20 PM

Wow, they did drop. I can grab a flight from EIS to ORD for about 300....not bad and cuts out the ferry. Drawback is 2 stops vs Non Stop out of STT. Things that make you go hummmmmm
How is Silver these days?
Posted By: SC Sailor

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 01:01 AM

Great fare from CLT. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the silver airways from SJU to EIS?

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 01:31 AM

Silver is the old Gulfstream Air. They have never had a great reputation but are probably second best after Cape Air. They actually operate the best equipment in the market using larger turboprops.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SC Sailor
Great fare from CLT. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the silver airways from SJU to EIS?

Prior to COVID, there were good and were my first choice from SJU. I don't have an experience since then.
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 12:30 PM

We were on Silver in June, as part of their codeshare with JetBlue. No issues. Flights were on time and well run. We are doing the same itinerary in a couple of weeks, and are hoping for the same experience.
Posted By: cwoody

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by MKGrey
We were on Silver in June, as part of their codeshare with JetBlue. .

Doing the same DCA/EIS in January on Jet Blue.
Getting a little nervous. Less that 90 days out and JB flights are less than 30% full.
Posted By: bailau

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by cwoody
We were on Silver in June, as part of their codeshare with JetBlue. .

Doing the same DCA/EIS in January on Jet Blue.
Getting a little nervous. Less that 90 days out and JB flights are less than 30% full.

We have same flight Dec 11 returning Monday 19th...they usually book up as they get closer
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 05:48 PM

We took Silver in May. No issues; actually a little early.
Posted By: SC Sailor

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 11:01 PM

Thanks everyone and George for the heads up. Was able to book last night for June travel dates CLT to EIS at the $ 664 fare but it was not easy. There are very limited number of seats available at that fare so we had to make multiple calls and spend a few hours with reservations but we got it done. Same flight is now $1,001.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 11:05 PM

I am trying to check flights from jfk to Eis with JetBlue but it keeps saying there are no flights…..what am I doing wrong?

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/12/2021 11:30 PM

Try American, the rates I saw were lower than JetBlue from MCO. The reason JetBlue does not show from JFK is their first flight does not arrive in time to connect to the Silver flight.
Edit:Looks like American does not have a early SJU flight either.
Posted By: toast

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/13/2021 09:40 AM

Newark to EIS is best schedule and I think it is United. but still really high in price
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/13/2021 11:58 AM

macaroni, try booking the flight through one of the travel sites (i.e. expedia). There are occasions with JetBlue flights to EIS where they show up on Expedia, but do not through JetBlue's website. I've encountered this multiple times trying to book flights from Orlando.
Posted By: bailau

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/13/2021 12:07 PM

Macaroni, can you get to DC?

There is a perfect early morning non stop flight to SJU arriving noonish

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/13/2021 01:19 PM

JetBlue flights to EIS where they show up on Expedia, but do not through JetBlue's website.

I have noticed the same thing and it is a pain!
I can not see my January flight DCA/SJU/EIS on the JB website.

If you select the Jet Blue using KAYAK it will take you to the Jet Blue site where you can book the flight.
JB told me this has something to do with the code share flight on Silver.

Also, once you book the flight, you can not use Jet Blues "Manage Flight" option to view or change seats etc.

JB also blamed the Silver code share connection for this as well.
Any changes to reservation have to be done by calling Jet Blue.

I have never had this issue with United or AA code share flights.
Posted By: Skindeep

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/18/2021 12:15 PM

Not seeing what you all are reporting....wish I did. Investigating flights from DC to EIS or STT in mid April and I have never in my life seen them higher. Unless I want an 8 hour layover, it's $1200 per ticket to EIS and $900 for STT. Last spring we flew to STT for about $500 per ticket.

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/18/2021 12:54 PM

1200 to EIS is a bit high but within the norm. 900 to STT is really high. I am still surprised at the fares we got. I did see mid April fares not on weekends under 700 to EIS from CLT.

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/18/2021 01:01 PM

Try KAYAK.... I just checked April flights. ( use a +/- 3day search)

UA IAD to STT non stop round trip for $386

Jet Blue DCA/SJU/EIS round trip $749
Posted By: TC42

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/18/2021 10:01 PM

I just checked CLT to EIS in April 2022...$1,263!

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/19/2021 02:10 AM

I guess the issue is timing flexibility. I have students and a teacher in my crew and we need to do a Friday through the next Sunday ( 10 days) corresponding to Spring Break. The days around Easter. Clearly the airlines are gonna gouge us for all they can because they know we can't adjust.

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/19/2021 10:00 AM

You will always pay more during high demand periods. The lower fares also seem to be midweek to midweek.

Re: EIS airfare drop - 10/19/2021 12:07 PM

Actually now that I think about it we did almost the exact same timing this past March/April......the 10 days around Easter weekend, from a Thursday to following Sunday, and like I said our tickets to STT were about $500 compared to $900.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline