TravelTalkOnline

Buy Coffee Pot?

Posted By: CottageGirl

Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/08/2021 04:25 PM

We're heading down for a charter trip in a few weeks. None of our crew is excited about the percolators that are standard on charter boats. They're interested in just buying an auto drip coffee maker - like an inexpensive Mr. Coffee. Does anyone have an idea where in Roadtown we might be able to buy a coffee maker?

Thanks!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/08/2021 04:57 PM

The wholesale store attached to Riteway has them. Or Drake's or Clarence Thomas in Fish Bay
Posted By: gracie5

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/08/2021 06:48 PM

If you are chartering with Moorings they have auto drip coffee makers on their boats.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/08/2021 06:56 PM

Check with teh charter company - many owners have elected to have auto drips on board. We have one on our boat (with a stainless thermal carafe) - and thinking about upgrading to an espresso maker.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/09/2021 01:45 PM

Both Leopard 45s in Captain's Compass's fleet have auto-drip coffee pots as well as microwaves, blenders and even toasters.
Posted By: dayhiker

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/09/2021 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by CottageGirl
We're heading down for a charter trip in a few weeks. None of our crew is excited about the percolators that are standard on charter boats. They're interested in just buying an auto drip coffee maker - like an inexpensive Mr. Coffee. Does anyone have an idea where in Roadtown we might be able to buy a coffee maker?

Thanks!

My group loved the percolator coffee on our first trip. Afterwards, we bought one for camping trips and occasional Saturday use at home. On our last trip, we had a genset, etc, and were actually disappointed that the boat didn't come with a percolator.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/09/2021 05:57 PM

Thanks everyone! Looks like we'll be buying one at the wholesale store Jason mentioned. We're chartering with TMM and they confirmed Sea Tiger II has a percolator. Hoping to donate it when charter is finished. Anyone have a boat in charter at TMM that wants a drip coffee maker? :-)
Posted By: calsail

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/09/2021 07:09 PM

Donate the percolator Leave the drip
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/09/2021 08:00 PM

This is what I always used on my boats:

Melitta Pour-Over Coffee Brewer W/ Glass Carafe $12.99

[Linked Image]

A no-brand-name one would probably be even more economical.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/10/2021 03:16 PM

Even though Stargazer has a drip coffee pot I still prefer a french press
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 11/10/2021 04:29 PM

We swear by a Grosche moka stove top espresso maker, but it requires a special grind.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 12/21/2021 04:27 AM

Sea Tiger does have a drip coffee maker.
(One of the many upgraded features on Sea Tiger 2, upgraded toaster, freezer, fridges upgrade, stovetop upgraded. Dingy upgrade (Highfield), underwater lights, Ninja blender)
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 12/21/2021 01:17 PM

Like Sea Tiger, many of the TMM boats have various upgrades. Great fleet.
Posted By: rocinante

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 12/21/2021 05:10 PM

One of our regular charter crewmembers is a coffee snob, and always brings a French press. It's lightweight, quick, and easy and makes way better coffee than an automatic drip machine.

It does, however, need a fairly course grind to avoid grounds escaping the plunger. He always brought his own coffee, so I don't know how easy that would be to get locally. I understand you can use ordinary pre-ground, but you might gets more loose grounds in the coffee.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 12/22/2021 05:59 AM

Bring an Aeropress - it travels really well (all plastic, small and about $20) and makes very good coffee, albeit only one cup at a time. I use that and a hand-held grinder to make freshly ground coffee that is a treat to drink.
Posted By: Alex Corbishley

Re: Buy Coffee Pot? - 12/22/2021 02:52 PM

I found the Soto Helix for pour over coffee. Collapses flat and works great for lightweight hiking/camping/portaging.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline