TravelTalkOnline

supervised rapid antigen test

Posted By: mama21

supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 04:23 PM

does anyone know whether you can also do a supervised rapid antigen test when entering Tortola?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 04:32 PM

When you arrive on Tortola, you're given a rapid antigen test.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 04:37 PM

For entering Tortola many have asked the powers that be and were told no. People have also reported arriving with one and having it nevertheless accepted. So the answer appears to be "maybe".

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 04:45 PM

Yes, I know, but the entry requirements say that you also have to do one beforehand
Posted By: ecm56

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:12 PM

I have asked your question of the folks that run the BVI portal and they have told me they are not accepted.

You are correct that you must present results from a test taken up to 5 days prior to travel and you will be tested (with a rapid test, if fully vaccinated) upon arrival as well.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:13 PM

Stay tuned. The times are likely changing this week.

Rumor is the pre-arrival test will change to 48 hours in advance and the arrival test will be eliminated.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mama21
does anyone know whether you can also do a supervised rapid antigen test when entering Tortola?

As other's have mentioned, officially, the portal people will say no. The portal is no longer in used for vaccinated travelers and I arrived during the last week of the portal requirement. Had no issue using the proctored eMed.com test. Have talked to guests who arrived since the portal was eliminated and they have also used the eMed.com tests without question.

You need to be prepared to present the actual lab report that comes in your email after the test is finished. It contains the information required:
- Patient name
- Result
- Address of laboratory
- CLIA stamp

I would not try to enter using the results in the eMed app on your phone. It shows the result but not the other information.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:34 PM

OK, great, and thank you very much

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:43 PM

Have you heard . . . will they accept a rapid test for the pre-arrival test? Even for unvaccinated, it seems to me this just makes traveling to the BVI more difficult. I know in many states, people are struggling to get tested (and receive the results) within the 5 day window.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by ecm56
Have you heard . . . will they accept a rapid test for the pre-arrival test? Even for unvaccinated, it seems to me this just makes traveling to the BVI more difficult. I know in many states, people are struggling to get tested (and receive the results) within the 5 day window.

Yes, they have been accepting rapid tests for vaccinated travelers for a while now.

Here is the official gazetted version of the new rules. I'm sure something in a more user friendly format will be published soon.

The good news is no more $50 test on arrival or delay getting thru the arrival process.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 05:58 PM

Odd wording. I don't follow the "no later than forty-eight hours before arrival . . ." I would think the intention would be "within 48 hours of arrival" or no "earlier than 48 hours of arrival". I find the wording confusing . . .

"5A. (1) A person who is fully vaccinated and presents a RTPCR or approved rapid antigen SARS CoV-2 negative test result taken no later than forty-eight hours before arrival in the Territory and his or her vaccination card in accordance with regulation 5 shall . . . "
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:11 PM

New here, although not new to the BVI although first trip since covid and all these changes have me up around the rafters!
So confused!
We leave the day after Christmas-I can't imagine how I will get tested within a 48 hr timeline with the holiday!
Also, just found this...
https://www.bviaacloud.com/covid-19-protocol/bvi-traveller-s-protocols/fully-vaccinated-traveller

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by skipdastraw
New here, although not new to the BVI although first trip since covid and all these changes have me up around the rafters!
So confused!
We leave the day after Christmas-I can't imagine how I will get tested within a 48 hr timeline with the holiday!
Also, just found this...
https://www.bviaacloud.com/covid-19-protocol/bvi-traveller-s-protocols/fully-vaccinated-traveller

Super old information. The gateway hasn't been required for over 6 weeks.

I'm not surprised the testing information is wrong. It was just made official today. The rapid tests usually only take 30 minutes to get results; seems like a fun Christmas Eve activity if it results in you flying to the BVI!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:18 PM

They don't take long but they are hard to find in some areas of the U.S.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:21 PM

Thanks Jason-what I was looking at was the timeline part that reads you would have a health screening in the Welcome center on arrival and then sent on your merry way (for fully vaxxd)?
Was that ever the case when the portal was being mandated?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:23 PM

Agreed- in a rural part of NY I can't find many locations even doing a rapid test now, let alone on Christmas eve.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:25 PM

Thanks Jason-what I was looking at was the timeline part that reads you would have a health screening in the Welcome center on arrival and then sent on your merry way (for fully vaxxd)?
Was that ever the case when the portal was being mandated?

When the portal was mandated, there was a health screening but it DID include a COVID test.

My mind could be off a little, but I think there was a brief period in June or July that no test was required. It ended quickly when the active cases soared from 20ish to over 1600. There is so much wrong/old information on that page it's crazy.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:25 PM

Where can I find the new one, her

https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols

it is also not up to date

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:26 PM

Agreed- in a rural part of NY I can't find many locations even doing a rapid test now, let alone on Christmas eve.

eMed.com will be open on Christmas eve

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 06:27 PM

That's the BInax? They will accept that for entry?
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 09:25 PM

I wish that there was official word that the Binax would be accepted - Henrietta keeps saying "NO" on Facebook posts and I am therefore hesitant to risk it. Would certainly help as I arrive 11/27 and 1/2 and trying to find antigen testing for the day after Thanksgiving is proving difficult let alone New Year's Eve. Sigh.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
I wish that there was official word that the Binax would be accepted - Henrietta keeps saying "NO" on Facebook posts and I am therefore hesitant to risk it. Would certainly help as I arrive 11/27 and 1/2 and trying to find antigen testing for the day after Thanksgiving is proving difficult let alone New Year's Eve. Sigh.

In this article, the minister explains that any rapid test from an approved WHO manufacturer will be accepted.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 09:35 PM

Honourable Malone made a statement for the press this afternoon.

Here is the link to the reporting by 284 Media: https://www.284media.com/local/2021...ted-to-local-rapid-test-minister-malone/

This story quotes him as follows:

He added, “In order to be exempt from taking the test on arrival, they would have to take the rapid test from an approved WHO manufacturer within 48-hours and would be allowed to enter and not be subjected to a test on arrival. But if you’re not vaccinated or if you’re partially vaccinated, you’re still subjected to the PCR test and quarantine within the particular period.”

I have been looking since I saw this report and have yet to find a WHO list of approved test manufacturers.

I have asked for further clarification but I fear this may be all we get.

It sounds like, if your test is not accepted, then you will have to pay $50 and be subject to the rapid test at your port of arrival. Perhaps it's worth the risk?
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 09:41 PM

For what it's worth, my group of four were down 11/2 through 11/12, and we used eMed Binax Now tests to get into the BVI, and for re-entry to the US. This was considerably easier than the process we went through in June, whereby we got PCR tests in the US before the trip, and PCR tests from Jost for departure.

My test results were never questioned. As Jason mentions, the CLIA seal that comes on the email from eMed is the key.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/16/2021 09:53 PM

Well, I suppose we may test on 11/23 as we planned to get into USVI as we are transiting this trip through STT and then burn one of the eMed on 11/26 and take the gamble smile OR can we use the eMed to get into USVI from mainland? I am assuming yes if we can use it to enter USVI from BVI?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 05:35 AM

Can someone tell me if these tests meet the requirements? https://klarity.health/tde-contact/?lang=de
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 01:55 PM

New rules are a negative test within 48 hrs of arrival? Am I reading this wrong or does that severely shorten the window for testing? Part of our group arrives in STT on 11/27 and are spending two nights on STT. We arrive 11/29 and we all meet up for water taxi to Tortola. Does that mean the group coming in early needs to test before leaving the US and again in STT to get into the BVI’s?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 02:07 PM

Pretty sure it means they will just be tested on arrival and pay the $50 testing fee at the ferry terminal.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 03:38 PM

We fly from St. Martin to Tortola on Saturday and then take the ferry to Scrub Iland. Then we can do a rapid antigen test in St. Martin on Friday and don't have to do an arrival test, or we don't do anything beforehand and then just do the arrival test. Have I understood that correctly?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 03:41 PM

I don't think 'don't do anything beforehand' is an option. You won't be able to board the plane/ferry without a test. If your test is outside the 48 hour window, you'll be required to test again at the dock/airport.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 03:42 PM

ah, o.k. thank you
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 07:28 PM

As Jason has said, we had no issues getting here using the emed test and doing it agin tomorrow for our return.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 09:03 PM

But a rapid antigen test is enough, right?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 09:05 PM

The proctored Emed test is a rapid antigen test.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/17/2021 09:58 PM

But a rapid antigen test is enough, right?

Yes, for vaccinated travelers.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 12:17 AM

So if you get the wrong test or happen to be just outside the testing window, then you will just be tested when you arrive in the BVI? What would stop any of us from just saying the heck with it, I will get tested when I get there and save myself the hassle before I leave? Are airlines checking for tests? Flying into STT...
Posted By: indianafanatic

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 12:42 AM

"Are airlines checking for tests? Flying into STT..."

Yes. Yes they are.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 12:53 AM

Delta is not and I don’t believe any airline is checking Covid tests. However, the National Guard is in charge of checking for Covid tests once you land You are suppose to fill out the USVI portal showing your Covid test. If you didn’t file out the portal they just have you fill out a paper version and show your tests results.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 01:07 AM

We fly Delta from JFK.
I will try to get my test done on Christmas eve in an actual location but will have the Emed test on hand if I can't. Hopefully the emed will in fact, get us in or at least into STT!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 05:34 AM

But here you can still register for the arrival test:

https://bvigateway.bviaa.com/

What's wrong now?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 12:41 PM

But here you can still register for the arrival test:

https://bvigateway.bviaa.com/

What's wrong now?

What do you mean wrong? There are still lots of categories of people who need to test.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by jagmansr
Delta is not and I don’t believe any airline is checking Covid tests. However, the National Guard is in charge of checking for Covid tests once you land You are suppose to fill out the USVI portal showing your Covid test. If you didn’t file out the portal they just have you fill out a paper version and show your tests results.

Unless Delta is flying you to Beef Island somehow, they have no obligation to check you. Either the ferry or airline bringing you to the BVI is required to confirm you have been tested and vaccinated.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 01:00 PM

I have flown American from the US to STT 3 times since last April. Never asked for test results. As mentioned they check in STT after you deplane.
G
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:13 PM

If you have a through ticket to the BVI, can't the airline ask for your test results? I have seen a lot of itineraries going through STT connecting to the BVI on Cape Air.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
If you have a through ticket to the BVI, can't the airline ask for your test results? I have seen a lot of itineraries going through STT connecting to the BVI on Cape Air.

Somewhere along the path, someone is going to ask so be prepared to show it. Lots of confusion out there among the gate agents about rules.

When I flew thru SJU at the end of September, I was the first person to let the Cape Air ticket counter agent know that the gateway requirement was going away in 2 days and they would have to start confirming vaccination status.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:39 PM

So they hold you after deplaning in STT to check that everyone has test paperwork?
I will certainly get tested beforehand but this 48 hr window seems like it is asking for problems. Especially with airline delays, now going into the holiday and winter weather! What happens if you are delayed at the airport due to a snowstorm or something and your test expires? Bring extra Emed tests and test in the airport? UGH!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:42 PM

I think somewhere I missed a rule change. I keep seeing reference to a 48 hour test requirement for flying into STT. Is this a actual change?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:43 PM

So they hold you after deplaning in STT to check that everyone has test paperwork?
I will certainly get tested beforehand but this 48 hr window seems like it is asking for problems. Especially with airline delays, now going into the holiday and winter weather! What happens if you are delayed at the airport due to a snowstorm or something and your test expires? Bring extra Emed tests and test in the airport? UGH!

Read the article posted above. It calls out that in the event of a delay and your test is over 48 hours old, they will retest you at your port of entry to the BVI ($50).

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:44 PM

They actually are just looking for your Green QR code from the USVI Travel Portal. In order to get that, you will have already uploaded your test results.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 02:52 PM

This thread seems to be confusing entry into STT and entry into BVI.

It's also important to realize that the rules for entry into STT differ depending on whether your travel is domestic (i.e., from the "mainland" U.S.) of from a foreign country (i.e., from the BVI).

For fully vaccinated travelers . .

Entry to STT from "mainland" U.S. - Test within 5 days of travel
Entry to BVI (as of this week) - Test within 48 hours of travel
Re-entry to STT from BVI - Test within 5 days if traveling by boat, test within 3 days if traveling by air.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 03:43 PM

Wait, I need to fill out the USVI travel portal when arriving from mainland US into the STT airport? I thought we only did that when we are in the BVI looking to get back into the US. Head. Spinning.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 03:45 PM

That is correct.

This is the "pop-up" banner at the USVIUpdate.com site - a good summary of the USVI requirements.

Attached picture USVI Update Banner.jpg

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 03:51 PM

Wait, I need to fill out the USVI travel portal when arriving from mainland US into the STT airport? I thought we only did that when we are in the BVI looking to get back into the US. Head. Spinning.

Yes, the USVI requires a portal approval every time you arrive in the USVI. It has nothing to do with the BVI.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 03:56 PM

Is there a minimum time ahead of your trip you need to apply? Just worried about getting our 48hr test and getting USVI approval all on Christmas eve.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 04:00 PM

I am still lost on this 48 hour test. Can you clarify what that is? If you are fully vaccinated both the USVI and BVI only require a test 5 days prior.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I am still lost on this 48 hour test. Can you clarify what that is? If you are fully vaccinated both the USVI and BVI only require a test 5 days prior.

The BVI test changed from 5 days to 48 hours.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 04:03 PM

BVI changed their regulation this week.

If fully vaccinated, in order to enter the BVI (without any further testing) you must present results from a test not older than 48 hours from when you enter. If your test is older, you must take (and pay for) a Rapid Test upon entry.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 04:11 PM

Ok, there is however still no requirement to test 48 hours prior so not sure what the panic is. Just take the rapid test on arrival.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 04:15 PM

Ok, there is however still no requirement to test 48 hours prior so not sure what the panic is. Just take the rapid test on arrival.

I'm not really sure that's true. There is a grace period to allow people who had already tested or scheduled a test in preparation for their travel in the next 5 days.

It's unclear if that exception will remain or if 48 is the new rule. According to the Gazetted statutory instrument with is the official rule, the verbiage for timing is only 48 hours. The 5 days verbiage has been removed.
------------------
The COVID-19 Control and Suppression (Entry of Persons) (No. 3)
Regulations, 2021 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Regulations) is amended
in regulation 5(2)(a) by deleting the words “five days” and substituting with the
words “forty-eight hours”.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 07:34 PM

Is there a link to the new rule? I have been using BVI.gov. Here is what it says.
Each vaccinated traveller must provide:

· results of a negative PCR test or antigen rapid test no older than five (5) days;

· proof of vaccination (card or otherwise);

· travel insurance (visitors) which includes minimum approved coverage for:

o COVID-19 medical costs including hospitalisation, doctor’s visit and prescriptions

o medical repatriation

o quarantine accommodation costs

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/18/2021 07:44 PM

Is there a link to the new rule?

As I posted 11/16/2021 12:50 PM.

COVID-19 CONTROL AND SUPPRESSION (ENTRY OF PERSONS)
(NO. 3) (AMENDMENT) (NO. 5) REGULATIONS, 2021
Posted By: Manpot

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 12:21 PM

I brought the rapid tests down with me..but didnt check the expiration date! With the help of my great pals at The Sugar Mill yesterday we tried to hook up for the test only to find out the kits were two months out of date! Andrea, the manager actually called a lady Dr who met me in the parking lot of Mulligan's to do the test. Looked like a drug deal going down! But what service. Check those dates!!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
I brought the rapid tests down with me..but didnt check the expiration date! With the help of my great pals at The Sugar Mill yesterday we tried to hook up for the test only to find out the kits were two months out of date! Andrea, the manager actually called a lady Dr who met me in the parking lot of Mulligan's to do the test. Looked like a drug deal going down! But what service. Check those dates!!

Mal - those tests have an automatic 3 months extension. Did you try to use them and were told no?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 12:53 PM

The rapid antigen test is not available in my area. Reading the rules unvaccinated can still test 5 days prior and test on arrival. Vaccinated must test 48 hours prior. I think they will still allow vaccinated to test 5 days out and test on arrival. Anyone know for sure? As written the rule makes no sense.
G

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 01:09 PM

I just checked our Binax tests and they were expired before they were sent to us... expiry 9/22/21.

If it can be confirmed that they are still usable that would be important info.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
I just checked our Binax tests and they were expired before they were sent to us... expiry 9/22/21.

All were automatically extended 3 months. Somewhere on their website is a place to get an exact answer based on the lot number.

Look here for your lot number and new expiration date.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin

All were automatically extended 3 months. Somewhere on their website is a place to get an exact answer based on the lot number.

Look here for your lot number and new expiration date.

When I searched it looks like the extension is now 6 months. Relieved!

https://tdem.texas.gov/k-12testing/
Posted By: Manpot

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 03:30 PM

It just would not let us log on and then we noticed the date on the box..just completed my USVI portal with help from Sugar Mill Rupert. Had to do that a couple of times because if you tick the last box it wipes out your submitted tests! Think we finally got it right..Take me back to the days of travel with a passport and credit card!!
Posted By: GaryC

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 03:56 PM

If I were travelling fully vaccinated and tested 48 hrs before travel, can I assume that I also do not need to register on the Hummingbird site?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by GaryC
If I were travelling fully vaccinated and tested 48 hrs before travel, can I assume that I also do not need to register on the Hummingbird site?

correct.
Posted By: Galeaux

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 06:18 PM

The expiration issue is confusing…when we did our tests earlier this month my box wouldn’t scan. The instructions said to use the test anyway. So there was never a barcode that indicated when my test expired.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Galeaux
The expiration issue is confusing…when we did our tests earlier this month my box wouldn’t scan. The instructions said to use the test anyway. So there was never a barcode that indicated when my test expired.

it's printed on the label next to a little symbol of an hour glass
Posted By: Galeaux

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/19/2021 09:56 PM

Yes, it just errored off every time I tried to scan it. The instructions said if you couldn’t get the scan to work to go ahead and take the test through eMed.
Posted By: TRIM

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 04:20 AM

With the new rules, I think I still need two tests. We are arriving at STT on Friday 12/3, and staying the night on STT. We will take the ferry on Sat morning to Roadtown. So if I try to take one test to cover both USVI and BVI, I can only take the test after 12:00(noon) on Thursday. I would get my results on Thursday and submit to the USVI portal, to fly early Fri morning. I think that is too tight to get my approval from USVI portal. It might happen, but would not be good to head to the airport without it. I think I need to test 5 days prior to USVI arrival and then just take the entry test in Roadtown when I get off the ferry. What do you think?
I could also do a second Binax test when I get to STT.
Posted By: bailau

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 03:09 PM

Thanks for all the great information as I engage again to get back down 12/11...I didn't realize the requirement changed and did the Hummingbird (we are vaccinated). DCA to SJU to EIS

Quick question-Can I get the emed 6 pack and use it for 4 people for reentry to US? I know the answer is on this site somewhere but wanted to get the latest.

Thanks in advance my friends

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 03:16 PM

USVI Department of Tourism has confirmed the acceptability of the Abbott BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag At-Home Test Kit with telehealth provided by eMed Labs LLC.

We've had quite a few reports of this test being accepted but this is as close as I have come to an official pronouncement.

We will be staying in St. Thomas for two days before heading to the BVI so we will have a chance to test this out and I will update should I learn anything new or different in the process (still a few weeks off).

Attached picture Test Question E-Mail.jpg
Attached picture Acceptable Tests.jpg

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 04:28 PM

If you are vaccinated and have a negative test result within 48 hours of arrival, you would not need to use the BVI Hummingbird Portal as you will not need a rapid test upon arrival in the BVI.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 04:53 PM

My thought at this point is to just have the hummingbird portal as a backup if I cant get results in 48 hours...

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/20/2021 07:52 PM

Bailau - we are testing it out next week…..stay tuned.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 12:43 PM

Bailau - we are testing it out next week…..stay tuned.

Cool...will follow your lead and have a great time
Posted By: rcevans100

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 01:15 PM

We just had 5 people arrive on Friday. Fortunately they had been tested within 48hrs. Asked on entry if they had been tested within 48hrs....they had. So they skipped the BVI test on arrival.

They were asked in San Juan for proof of vaccination and test results

Bob
Double Trouble

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 02:12 PM

Anyone know how long it is taking to get the QR code approval from the USVI?
Also, are we counting back 48 hours from when we think we will be arriving in the BVI?
Leaving the day after Christmas seems like it is adding another layer of confusion.
If we don't think we will arrive in the BVI until the afternoon, that means we literally only have the afternoon on the 23rd to test. Is it realistic to assume someone will be staffing both the Emed and the USVI portal at 4PM on Christmas eve? I would assume there would be NO staffing of either on Christmas day.
And if our flight is a nonstop to STT, will Delta be checking for that QR code before boarding?
I really am trying to avoid an arrival test. I feel like if we got a false positive in the BVI we are totally screwed. Whereas here, I can always retest.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 02:35 PM

Skip - I have flown Delta into STT many times since this Covid mess started. I have never been asked for the USVI approval, test results or vax records.

The way I understand it: if you are arriving the 26th you would have to test the 24th (I don’t think that the actual time stamp matters). I am sure others will pipe in here with their interpretation.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 02:45 PM

The USVI portal and Emed are supposedly staffed 24/7, 365 days a year.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 02:54 PM

In the recent (November 19) auto-response e-mail from the USVI Department of Tourism:

"Submissions to the Travel Screening Portal are processed seven days a week, 365 days per year. Every effort is made to expedite review and processing for individuals with impending travel."

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by rcevans100
We just had 5 people arrive on Friday. Fortunately they had been tested within 48hrs. Asked on entry if they had been tested within 48hrs....they had. So they skipped the BVI test on arrival.

They were asked in San Juan for proof of vaccination and test results

Bob
Double Trouble

What test did you use to get in?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 04:02 PM

TMM has confirmed that the emed tests can be used for BVI entry as long as you supply the written results report - photos not accepted you - must PDF the report (same with USVI).

I just got off the phone with emed. They are open 24/7 - even on holidays.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 05:21 PM

TMM has confirmed that the emed tests can be used for BVI entry as long as you supply the written results report - photos not accepted you - must PDF the report (same with USVI).

I just got off the phone with emed. They are open 24/7 - even on holidays.

Screenshots of the pdf results are accepted by USVI. You just can't take a picture of the negative test sitting on the table. Be careful if submitting pdf. Make sure they are not password protected.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 05:23 PM

I just did a screen shot on my iPhone.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 05:57 PM

Screenshot of the actual results, correct, for USVI. I am going to print mine for BVI regardless - last trip in (July) they carefully scrutinized the test results.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 06:30 PM

So where are you ordering the Emed Binax tests from? On Emed for a 6 pack (I need 4 test x 2 ways) it asks me to input 3 names...

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

sorry to be dense but what i am missing here?

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 06:44 PM

Packs of 2 or 3 are available from https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-and-devices/covid-19-home-tests/

Packs of 1, 2, 3 or 6 are available from https://www.binaxnow.us/shop

Apparently you are not restricted to those three names.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 07:25 PM

You are not restricted from using the names put in. Evidently each person does need to set up their own account on line prior to testing. I have purchased from Optum and Emed. Make sure you have extras on hand in case of errors.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 07:29 PM

I bought 6 at https://www.binaxnow.us/shop for $214...no request for names

I was looking for 6 more and found emed at $150 for a 6 pack

but then it said enter names and stopped at 3

Haven't had this hard of a time getting a 6 pack since I was 18...

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 07:34 PM

"Haven't had this hard of a time getting a 6 pack since I was 18..."

LOL!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 07:42 PM

This all helps tremendously! Very good to know I should be able to just test anytime on the 24th and not worry about a time stamp/
FWIW my local pharmacy (mom and pop, not big box) has the Emed tests, they just don't advertise it. A 3-pack is only $39. So perhaps it is worth it to check with their pharmacy to see if they carry them behind the counter.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 08:23 PM

We used a rapid PCR test from CVS.

Cheers
Bob
Double Trouble
Soldier Bay

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 08:28 PM

I suspect the tests at your local pharmacy are binax now tests .....but to use for entry to BVI or elsewhere they must be supervised. Hence the requirement to buy the tests from emed or equivalent. Typically around $35 to $40 each.

Cheers

Bob
Double,Trouble

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 09:44 PM

Skip - those are not the required proctored tests. The proctored versions can only be purchased on line at the sites mentioned.

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 10:39 PM

Oh jeez-love it that apparently I can't even get reliable info from my pharmacist! I specifically said "these are the proctored tests?" and he said yes!
Your information saved me a boatload of problems, so thank you!

Re: supervised rapid antigen test - 11/21/2021 11:43 PM

This is best price I have found for 6

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline