TravelTalkOnline

Fishing licence

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Fishing licence - 11/25/2021 04:00 PM

Has anyone actually been able to get a fishing license in the last year? I keep applying and never get the license. I call and they tell me to fish anyway and if stopped tell them it’s in process. I would prefer the license!
G
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 10:33 AM

George,

I got one using the Sail Caribbean Divers site at Moorings last month.

KF Quinn
Posted By: SurfandSail

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 11:26 AM

Island Surf and Sail can orgaise all your fishing permits and watersport/watertoy rentals. www.bviwatertoys.com

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 12:38 PM

I used Sail Caribbean each time. Maybe it will arrive today. We leave tomorrow. I will try surf and sail next time if I don’t get it.
G
Posted By: Husker

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 01:00 PM

How long does it typically take to get? I think Monday and Tuesday(?) were government holidays this week. What is the cost?

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 01:06 PM

I sent everything in at least two weeks ago and did the same on my two prior trips this year. I used to simple go to the where they are issued and pick one up but that started taking to long.
G
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 03:48 PM

George, give them a call. I did when had not heard anything. A nice lady found the applications, one had something amiss. I corrected it and called again and two came right out. When got to TMM, the office manager called and got the third one sent immediately. I’ll bet someone at Moorings base has an inside track to expedite them.
Posted By: TIMRIM

Re: Fishing licence - 11/26/2021 04:59 PM

I was going to get a license for my next charter until I found out you have to report daily catches to the government. Going to hire a guide instead.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Fishing licence - 12/04/2021 11:50 PM

George,

We had issues getting the boat we were on licensed and then getting our licenses through in time even though I started the process a month out. I also did not receive any of the licenses but was told to go ahead a fish.

TIMRIM,

I've never been told that I was supposed to report our catches.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline