TravelTalkOnline

D’Coal Pot Restaurant

Posted By: gracie5

D’Coal Pot Restaurant - 12/17/2021 01:18 AM

My husband & I have been to Tortola dozens of times. We had never made it to D’Coal Pot restaurant & had heard some good things about it. We couldn’t wait to go. The ambiance of the restaurant is lovely but went downhill from there. Had a reservation for 7:30 p.m. We were served drinks not to long after we arrived & placed our order. It took 1 hour for our appetizers to arrive & when they did it was not what we ordered. We asked our server what was taking so long & she responded that they were busy taking care of take away orders. Needless to say we were really annoyed with that response. When our main courses arrived the word mediocre comes to mind. This was a total disappointment & would not return again. Some people may say they had an off night & I say there is no excuse for that kind of service.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: D’Coal Pot Restaurant - 12/17/2021 01:39 AM

Wow , we are on St.Maarten and that was yes a very terrible experience period. Please visit our Island the next time.
Thanks.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: D’Coal Pot Restaurant - 12/17/2021 03:14 PM

That is definitely not a typical experience. It's one of our go to spots and it can definitely be slow when they are busy but the food quality has always been good to excellent.

Had one of the best jerk pork chops ever there last week.
Posted By: calsail

Re: D’Coal Pot Restaurant - 12/19/2021 12:07 AM

Try again. Not normal. Delivery can be slow but food always good. Sorry about your experience.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline