TravelTalkOnline

Marina Cay Balls?

Posted By: MIDiver

Marina Cay Balls? - 01/14/2022 01:03 PM

Anyone with recent updates on the condition of Marina Cay mooring balls? Thinking of potentially heading there tomorrow. Thanks!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/14/2022 02:55 PM

Lots of people have been mooring and anchoring there. Haven't seen anyone on the rocks! A large crew has been there every day cleaning up the island. Yesterday a Chalwell barge brought in heavy equipment.

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/14/2022 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
Lots of people have been mooring and anchoring there. Haven't seen anyone on the rocks! A large crew has been there every day cleaning up the island. Yesterday a Chalwell barge brought in heavy equipment.

Thanks - we'll scope things out tomorrow and wave to you.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/14/2022 03:47 PM

Put on a mask and check the mooring. They were not maintained last summer however someone posted on a thread they are now being checked. I did not see evidence of that in Dec.
G

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/14/2022 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
Put on a mask and check the mooring. They were not maintained last summer however someone posted on a thread they are now being checked. I did not see evidence of that in Dec.
G

Thanks George - will do.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/15/2022 02:45 AM

Dive Diamond reef . Best Scuba diving I have done in a while (I believe snorkeling fantastic as well)

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/15/2022 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deepcut
Dive Diamond reef . Best Scuba diving I have done in a while (I believe snorkeling fantastic as well)

We do like Diamond Reef. My favorite dive site in the BVI is The Invisibles. We were able to dive it early December in a really flat day with Sunchaser. Gorgeous.

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/17/2022 09:33 PM

28 boats at Marina Cay tonight, and full house at Trellis Bay.
Posted By: vytis104

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/17/2022 09:45 PM

Full Moon Party @ Trellis?

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/17/2022 10:07 PM

I think so.

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/17/2022 11:50 PM

Thanks for all the info. We skipped Marina Cay and were at Guana on Saturday for the day and night. It was delightful.
Posted By: DonBuck

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/18/2022 02:25 AM

Certainly Full Moon party tonight. I miss the limin times to keep up on the goings on...

Re: Marina Cay Balls? - 01/18/2022 05:49 AM

Good call on Guana! MC has been a hub of activity, and is now looking pristine. But there was a lot of burning, heavy equipment and coming and going of big Chalwell barges with dumpsters.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline