TravelTalkOnline

Super bowl watch a Anegada?

Posted By: CottageGirl

Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 04:01 PM

Well now that my husband’s team is in the Super Bowl we’d love to find a place to watch the game. We’ll be on Anegada Sun 2/13. Any idea who might have it on a big screen?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 04:09 PM

Maybe Ann at Tipsy. Otherwise try Lobster Trap or possibly ABC. "Big Screen" might be a stretch.
Posted By: vytis104

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 04:44 PM

I would consider changing my itinerary and be at Saba Rock. The upstairs bar is incredible, they have a 70 inch TV, a pool table and a ton of seating. Its the best place to watch something like that in the Islands IMHO.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 09:40 PM

One of these days, an enterprising lady ( or groups of ladies) in the VI's will market Sunday Ladies Day trips from September through February. The trips could be individually keyed towards beach, reef, or wreck, specific to a location ( for example: Indians from the Bight, Rhone from Cooper, Cistern Point from Manchioneel Bay, Baths from Spanishtown, Flash of Beauty from Setting Point.).

I'm not for a moment saying that women don't watch football or soccer. I'm just saying that a planned excursion of all and only women, led by women, would be a fine addition to tourism in the VI's.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 10:03 PM

Soccer is football but nice idea. Now ...where can I watch hockey?

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 01/31/2022 10:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the input! I'll reach out to Ann or Sherwin and see if they have any ideas.
Breeze - great idea! I'm one of those women football fans so I'm looking forward to the game too (Bengals are not my first team to root for, but since my team's not in it I'll join forces!)
The new Saba is beautiful - we were there in December. However, we have Sherwin's trip already booked on Anegada and are meeting friends staying on the island that day as well.
We'll figure it out!
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 02/01/2022 12:32 AM

We watched the playoff games at the Lobster Trap on Sunday. They have a decent sized TV in the lounge area. ABC has a small TV in the bar area and will turn it on the game if you request it. Otherwise the TV is closed behind a cabinet door. There may be others, but as I asked around, The Lobster Trap was the best option.

Re: Super bowl watch a Anegada? - 02/01/2022 02:22 PM

TRIM - thank you! Hopefully Lobster Pot will have the game on. We've never eaten there but I've been hearing good things. Might be time to try!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline