TravelTalkOnline

Super Bowl on VG

Posted By: Cleobeach

Super Bowl on VG - 02/05/2022 05:24 AM

We will be on VG for the super bowl.

While we are not sports fabs, our son loves the commercials and the marketing of the event.

Anyone know where we can watch the first half of the game@?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/05/2022 01:48 PM

Leverick Bay will have a big screen.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/05/2022 06:18 PM

Bath and Turtle is having a watch party. In Spanish Town.

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/05/2022 09:46 PM

Silly question, we never watch tv on vacation but I wonder, can we watch the Super Bowl over BVI tv? It’s the commercials and movie trailers that are a priority.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/05/2022 09:49 PM

Several years ago, we were staying at the Elm. We watched the first half of the Superbowl at Stanley's. Then stumbled back to the Elm and watched some of the second half on TV and then went to bed.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/07/2022 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cleobeach
Silly question, we never watch tv on vacation but I wonder, can we watch the Super Bowl over BVI tv? It’s the commercials and movie trailers that are a priority.

Yes, we have all the major networks.
Posted By: jmagidson

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/08/2022 04:00 PM

If you are willing to take to trip, Sabba Rock and Bitter End will definitely have the game on too. You can get a ferry from Leverick to Sabba. \

Have a great vacation!
Posted By: UncleLuff

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/08/2022 05:43 PM

I would much rather be swimming, snorkeling, swinging in a hammock, gazing at the stars on the trampoline, having a nice beach dinner, etc.... than watching a football game in a bar for 4 hours while in the BVI... but that is just me cheers
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/08/2022 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by UncleLuff
I would much rather be swimming, snorkeling, swinging in a hammock, gazing at the stars on the trampoline, having a nice beach dinner, etc.... than watching a football game in a bar for 4 hours while in the BVI... but that is just me cheers

I hear ya buddy …might be a Canadian thing canada
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/08/2022 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by UncleLuff

I don't know - a few years ago, after delivering my boat to TMM, I did the Super Bowl at Mulligan's. It was a great party, several hundred people, big family atmosphere - lots of food, drinks, and fans of both teams enjoying the game (probably helped that it wasn't decided until the minute or so of the game). I was not expecting to have such a good time - and I was by myself (although I did make a few friends that night).

There are 364 other days of the year to do the other stuff. And variety is fun! ymmv

Re: Super Bowl on VG - 02/08/2022 09:10 PM

We are the least sports family ever but our son loves the commercials and the movie trailers that drop during the game. We typically watch thru halftime. Plus a friend has a job that gets him on camera (in the background) once in a while so we like to play spot Joe and get a kick out of it when he shows up.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline