TravelTalkOnline

BoatyBall?

Posted By: Nancyandlen

BoatyBall? - 03/19/2022 11:50 AM

We haven’t been down since 2017 (pre Irmaria). Prior to that we were down almost yearly. I expect changes to a lot of our old favorites. BUT…can’t quiet wrap my head around the way to pick up moorings. On one hand seems nice to reserve a spot but on the other hand what happens if our daily plan changes? Can you no longer just show up and pick up a ball (as long as it isn’t a BoatBall)? Advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: BoatyBall? - 03/19/2022 12:45 PM

If your plans change or the weather or mechanical issues force a change you have made a donation to boatyball! You can still go somewhere else and there are still first come first serve balls. The option to anchor is still available. I often don’t figure out where I am going for the night until after lunch. I also have noted on two different occasions boatyballs going unused at Cooper as the sun sets. I suspect this was probably boats unable to get off the dock for one reason or another on the first day of the charter. The balls are wasted at that point.
Posted By: Nancyandlen

Re: BoatyBall? - 03/19/2022 01:11 PM

So your telling me there are still moorings to pick up without using boatyball?
Posted By: bailau

Re: BoatyBall? - 03/19/2022 01:40 PM

Absolutely...just plan your route accordingly and there are only a few places you might need it. I avoid BB and have only used 3 times and those 3 were for other frustrated captains down there trying to figure it out

you may need in Cooper mainly...
Posted By: Alec Atteberry

Re: BoatyBall? - 03/19/2022 03:40 PM

If you have boat issues, concerns about the weather, or a change of plans just send an email to boatyball and they’ll help you out
Posted By: warren460

Re: BoatyBall? - 03/27/2022 07:34 PM

It’s wonderful to know that boatyball will help with boat issues. Does one need a reservation to get help?

On a more serious note, I have heard about boatyball refunding the charges in such circumstances where you can’t reach the ball.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline