TravelTalkOnline

Tortola..today..

Posted By: Manpot

Tortola..today.. - 03/21/2022 06:08 PM

I have never..ever..seen so many people jamming the ferry terminal in Road Town..how many were folks going home after ruined vacations..who knows? I have never..ever..seen Cane Garden Bay without one single boat at anchor or on a mooring..The Bay is completely empty..zilch. Now bear this in mind..the folks at Myett's have brought in the amazing Mitch Woods to play happy hour this week..wonder how that's working out? This is like post Irma and worst of Covid.The only positive for me today? I went to the bank to withdraw cash from the ATM. As the $$ spat out a huge gust of wind blew $20 bills all over the place..down the street..under cars. Two local folks ran after the cash with me and gave me back my crumpled notes. I had hardly thanked them..and wanted to buy them lunch..when they waved me a cherry goodbye. I walked over to Caprrico Di Mare for some killer fettucine and some red vino..every one of my crumpled notes was there ...$500. Within all this bull$hit there is till some BVI Love..
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Tortola..today.. - 03/21/2022 06:19 PM

Mal - days like today are needed to reaffirm one's belief in other people, it is so easy to remember the bad and forget the good experiences! Windguru shows a significant north swell for today, perhaps that scared or kept away visitors in CGB. I am heading back to my boat next week, but the BVI have become so much less interesting to me in light of recent events that I don't think I'll be returning by boat. But there is no place I'd rather stay ashore than at the Château Relaxeau!
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Tortola..today.. - 03/21/2022 06:23 PM

We are headed down in just over 2 weeks. I saw the webcam for CGB last week and it was packed, what has changed this week?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Tortola..today.. - 03/21/2022 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zanshin
Mal - days like today are needed to reaffirm one's belief in other people, it is so easy to remember the bad and forget the good experiences! Windguru shows a significant north swell for today, perhaps that scared or kept away visitors in CGB. I am heading back to my boat next week, but the BVI have become so much less interesting to me in light of recent events that I don't think I'll be returning by boat. But there is no place I'd rather stay ashore than at the Château Relaxeau!

No signed of a swell so far.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Tortola..today.. - 03/21/2022 06:39 PM

As said..that was before the BVi Gov, in its infinite wisdom, took more than 100 charter boats out of action..The Golden Goose is being , not so slowly, strangled.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline