TravelTalkOnline

Status of chair rentals in Tortola beaches

Posted By: cruisegal415

Status of chair rentals in Tortola beaches - 03/24/2022 07:34 PM

If this isn't allowed, or is inappropriate, please disregard. We are docking in Tortola next week coming in on a cruise ship and would like to spend the day lounging on one of the beautiful beaches. We have never been to Tortola. We usually do a "resort for a day" type thing when we come to various ports, but there doesn't seem to be one in Tortola. (Wyndham says they are "out of stock"). We don't mind just taxiing to a beach like CGB or Brewers Bay, but we are looking for someplace that has lounge chairs on the beach and preferably an umbrella or shade. I saw some information on the status pre-covid but wonder if anyone knows of any updates more recently. I read that, in the past, Myett's and others rent lounges and umbrellas on CGB, and that Nicole's beach bar serves drinks and food and rents chairs on Brewer's (but not umbrellas?) Does anyone know if this information is up to date? Or have any other suggestions for where to go to rent lounge chairs and umbrellas? TIA.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Status of chair rentals in Tortola beaches - 03/24/2022 08:06 PM

There are tons of chair and umbrellas for rent in CGB. You'll have no problem finding a space there. Some of the bars like Paradise Club, Quito's, and Indigo House allow free use of the chairs and umbrellas if you are buying drinks or food there. Other chairs are specifically setup for renting.

I believe it's still true that Nicole does not have umbrellas.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Status of chair rentals in Tortola beaches - 03/24/2022 08:13 PM

I also believe Nicole's is till not selling food..for your needs CGB is your best bet.
Posted By: cruisegal415

Re: Status of chair rentals in Tortola beaches - 03/25/2022 03:29 AM

Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline