TravelTalkOnline

Vaccine Requirements

Posted By: sylviak

Vaccine Requirements - 05/07/2022 08:12 PM

My family and I will be traveling to Tortola from Texas in 2 weeks. One of us is vaccinated with a single dose of Johnson and Johnson. When reviewing the BVI requirements, they frequently reference fully vaxxed means 2 doses while WHO recognizes one shot of J&J as being fully vaccinated. Has anyone traveled recently with a single shot of J&J? If so, did you have any issues?

Thanks!
Posted By: CDavis2

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/07/2022 08:34 PM

1 shot of J&J is considered fully vaccinated.
Posted By: cbf

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/07/2022 09:30 PM

I traveled to BVI November '21 with one shot of J&J on my vaccine card and had no problems.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/08/2022 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak
My family and I will be traveling to Tortola from Texas in 2 weeks. One of us is vaccinated with a single dose of Johnson and Johnson. When reviewing the BVI requirements, they frequently reference fully vaxxed means 2 doses while WHO recognizes one shot of J&J as being fully vaccinated. Has anyone traveled recently with a single shot of J&J? If so, did you have any issues?

Thanks!

no worries. have had several guests travel into BVI with a single J&J shot.

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/09/2022 03:05 PM

thank you everyone!
Posted By: sdrunner

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/10/2022 02:47 PM

My understanding is that you no longer need to be vaccinated to enter the BVI's. However, additional testing would be necessary. Is that correct?
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/10/2022 02:59 PM

Yes. Need negative PCR test within five days of entry. You also, as an unvaccinated guest, need to complete BVI portal ( https://bvigateway.bviaa.com/ ) and pay the portal fee. When you arrive, they test you again and charge you $50 for the test.

Current protocols may be viewed here: https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols.

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/10/2022 06:28 PM

Just clarifying, for those that traveled to BVI with one shot of J&J, you were considered FULLY vaccinated and did not have to retest on arrival, correct?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/10/2022 06:32 PM

Correct
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Vaccine Requirements - 05/11/2022 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak
Just clarifying, for those that traveled to BVI with one shot of J&J, you were considered FULLY vaccinated and did not have to retest on arrival, correct?

have had several guests travel into BVI with a single J&J shot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline