TravelTalkOnline

Charter last week of july

Posted By: Memphré

Charter last week of july - 07/20/2022 09:30 PM

Hello, we will be arriving at Nanny Cay on Friday evening for a 9 day charter. We plan to head for BEYC on Saturday morning. It's not the distance that worries me, but the famous Christmas in July. Will the place be unpleasant and full of loud party people, or am I worrying about nothing?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/20/2022 09:52 PM

They won’t be near the BEYC.

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 12:13 AM

Thank you Tradewinds. Where do they usually hang out?
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 01:53 AM

I'm sure there are other locations but Savannah bay and White bay are both popular. I think Scrub might be as well - they are booked solid next week.

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 02:20 AM

They're having a party at Myett's in CGB on Sunday.

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 08:55 AM

Thanks for the info, we won't bother them...
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 02:38 PM

BEYC just posted on Facebook about Christmas In July with a photo and a list of the activities happening there....... I know that Christmas in July brings revenue into the BVI but have to admit that I am very glad that I don't typically travel during this period.

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 03:33 PM

Looks like everyone's trying to get a piece of the pie this year.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/21/2022 06:57 PM

My piece must still be baking in the oven somewhere. The Sugar Mill has many staying this weekend..run about in their boats during the day..stay at The Mill at night..
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/22/2022 02:53 PM

Pond Bay on Virgin Gorda (immediately nexts to Savannah Bay) will be LOADED with boats this year. Already had a ton rafted up last night. Talking to some Puerto Ricans who are already here they are estimating 400 to 500 boats at Pond Bay for the party tomorrow. There is also a party there this afternoon/tonight.

It is WILD.

A lot of the Puerto Ricans who want a bit more relaxed vibe, will hang out in the North Sound. Already lots of sports fishers on the docks at Saba, BEYC and ONB. Honestly though, I would not let it deter you from coming up to the North Sound. It's a great vibe and does not get so busy that you won't be able to get service.

I would expect Sunday and Monday at BEYC/North Sound after the big party in Pond Bay tomorrow to actually be the busiest days as a lot of boats like to head up North Sound to relax before making the trip back to PR
Posted By: Barryp

Re: Charter last week of july - 07/22/2022 03:50 PM

We are currently on charter. Anchored in Savannah Bay last night. It is getting stacked up and expecting a lot more. We have been here for 9 days now. Ran into a lot of them, all extremely friendly. We are considering going back to the party tomorrow. It looks like a lot of fun! They are spending plenty of $$ to support the islands.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline