TravelTalkOnline

A slightly different provisioning question

Posted By: Woodman

A slightly different provisioning question - 07/21/2022 09:15 PM

After doing about a half dozen bareboat trips we are renting a villa on Virgin Gorda for our party of 15.

In the past I have always provisioned in person, it just seemed to be better, but I am considering ordering heavy stuff (Beer, water, booze) to be delivered to the villa on Mahoe Bay.

Is this even an option?
Posted By: njchilds

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 04:07 AM

Hi there. We have stayed at several Villas on Virgin Gorda and provisioned ahead of time through Bucks Market. If you go to their website, click on the tab that says shopping. Download the shopping excel spreadsheet and fill it out. Then you email the attached spreadsheet. It’s a little outdated and is missing some items but they deliver and stock your Villa before you arrive. In the past, they left me a list of the unavailable items.

We are leaving next Sunday for 9 days on Mahoe Bay and plan to send our order in tomorrow.

We were very pleased with the service. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.
Posted By: nevar37

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 11:29 AM

We were at Mahoe Bay a month ago. We did our own shopping and I wish we had used a service. The cooks chose to shop at Bucks and their shelves were empty. RiteWay was better.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 11:37 AM

Who did you rent the villa from? When Nick and Monica were at Leverick, we rented a villa in Mahoe through them. They told us to send a list of items to them. When we arrived everything was already put away.
Maybe your rental company offers this service.
Posted By: Woodman

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 01:49 PM

I am planning on contacting them, but probably closer to when we are going (March 23).

What markets are open on VG?
Posted By: macaroni

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 02:11 PM

I found riteway had the most ….bucks, Rosie’s were ok….but we ended up always at riteway for best selection and stocked shelves.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 02:17 PM

We rent from VGVR and stay at Mahoe Bay.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: A slightly different provisioning question - 07/22/2022 03:12 PM

We rented in Mahoe several times (love it!) and used Buck's to provision each time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline