TravelTalkOnline

Airline Connection to Ferry Help

Posted By: Mark

Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 07:31 PM

Looking for some help with airline/ferry timing. Would we be able to catch the 2:30 ferry from CA to Roundtown arriving at STT at 1:15 with checked luggage?

Also, there was a recommendation for a transfer from airport to ferry (we are party of 8) previously, but i cannot locate the post with the person's name or contact info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 07:45 PM

probably not, even assuming the flight arrived on time.
Posted By: Charlie2001

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 08:19 PM

If the flight lands on time, you should have no issue making the 2:30 ferry from the downtown dock. It's a short taxi ride from STT, and baggage tends to come out reasonably quickly.
Posted By: steve74

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 08:24 PM

Call Prince Amir at +1 (340) 513-7117. Really nice guy with a nicer shuttle that can handle 8. I agree with Charlie, you should make it if your flight is on time.
Posted By: cajunscuba

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 08:50 PM

IDK about the timing with checked luggage. I never have checked luggage at STT. Seems very possible though. I can recommend Mezher with My Love Taxi. He was waiting with a sign with my name as soon as I got off the plane. We were so happy with him, we scheduled for him to pick us up after our charter. Going both ways, he stopped for us to get drinks and/or for us to eat. His cell # 340-690-4909
Posted By: Husker

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 10:25 PM

What Kego said....you would be doing well to make the 230, but not impossible. Ideally, go for the 230, if you miss there is a later one. Pre-covid this was pretty easy as you didn't have to buy ferry tickets in advance. I'm hoping they can get back to no-advance-purchase-needed mode....perhaps they already are now that the entry protocols have been lifted.

There will be taxis waiting at the airport. A taxi captain in typically there to organize and direct. They like to fill up the taxi vans with folks all going to the same place....typically the ferry terminal. As other have said, you can arrange a more private taxi in advance. In addition to the drivers mentioned, we have used Kevin a number of times 340-643-0025.
Posted By: Pyrat Pistol

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Husker
What Kego said....you would be doing well to make the 230, but not impossible. Ideally, go for the 230, if you miss there is a later one. Pre-covid this was pretty easy as you didn't have to buy ferry tickets in advance. I'm hoping they can get back to no-advance-purchase-needed mode....perhaps they already are now that the entry protocols have been lifted.

Anybody have any latest on whether you can buy ferry tickets walk-up/no-advance?

If you do buy them in advance, miss your scheduled time, and it’s a different company doing the next one, do you just lose it?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/24/2022 10:49 PM

As the ferries usually run late I think you should be fine. As for booking in advance I did that when I returned here in early Auguts but got the impression folks were walking up and buying..
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 12:15 AM

Have done it with less time many times. There is usually a later ferry also. Have never been late in all these years coming into STT. Baggage comes off quickly and just head outside there will be ton of people looking to give you a ride. Just look for a van and you are set. Its a 15 minute ride to the ferry dock. Walk up to the window and ask for the next ferry. Pretty straight forward. Ferries tend to leave late anyways due to them bringing mail and packages over. Do yourself a favor and check in and go upstairs to the Petite Pump Room and grab a Pain Killer for the beautiful ride over to Road Town. Have a great vacation.

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 02:36 AM

Thank you all for your help.

Looking to purchase airline tickets on Saturday
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 10:26 AM

I don’t think I have ever missed the 2:30 with a arrival before 1:30. It won’t leave until 3 pm anyway!
G
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 12:17 PM

When I was down in June, our 1:10pm flight ended up being 15 minutes late. That plus the fact baggage has been really slow lately got us to the dock at 2:!0. They wouldn't let us on and the ferry actually left the dock 5 minutes early. As the 5 pm ferry is a different company, you can't exchange tickets, luckily I pay the insurance and after much "conversation" We ended up having to pay and extra $20 per ticket for the 5pm ferry on the other ferry company. I went down three weeks ago and again our flight to St Thomas looked to make the 2:30 ferry doable, we bought tickets for the 5 pm ferry and enjoyed a couple drinks upstairs. When we went to the check-in counter to get our prepaid tickets, There was a guy being denied on 2:30 as it was 20 minutes before leaving. They said it was too late. Hopefully when the new season starts they will allow more ferries, until then I'm playing it safe.
I do remember pre-covid days even if we were running close, a call from Kevin (our taxi guy) and the ferry would wait for us. For now, I'd take the 5pm ferry and reduce the stress of getting to Roadtown.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 01:31 PM

You probably could make it. But personally I hate starting my vacation stressing on getting to the ferry dock in time. I would go for the 5pm and enjoy the view and cold drinks upstairs at the Petite Room. Have a great vacation!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 02:16 PM

I think the big question is "are you required to pre-purchase tickets?". Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this?
Posted By: sunshine44

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 02:22 PM

What month are you planning your trip? As of now the ferry schedule is changing November 2022 - March 2023 with an added ferry each day and adjusted times. Hopefully it will stay as posted.
Posted By: HoneymoonTrav

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/25/2022 03:03 PM

We made this connection last weekend with no trouble. Landed at 1:37, claimed our bags, jumped in a taxi, and got to the ferry with 20 minutes to spare.

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 08/26/2022 01:18 PM

We are arriving July 2023
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Airline Connection to Ferry Help - 09/01/2022 01:39 PM

We always wait till we get there and purchase the next ferry leaving. I have never seen them sell out. Its all the same price so we wait till we get there just for this reason.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline