TravelTalkOnline

Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub

Posted By: Matt W

Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 12:29 AM

Charter company Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating fleet of crewed-only Balis out of Scrub Island in early 2023. Anyone heard of them before? Does this coincide with DYC moving out of Scrub?

https://www.caribjournal.com/2022/09/10/all-inclusive-bvi-yacht-charter/
https://www.dreamcaribbeanblue.com/
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 01:01 AM

A Guest who stayed at my place had just delivered his Bali and I believe this is the company that was handling it..but they were based in Fla which seemed to be causing him some issues and he said they were moving to Scrub. He was not very happy then but it was very early days..
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 01:16 AM

Just what we need - a fleet of floating condos.
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
Just what we need - a fleet of floating condos.

Isn't that what every 70s mono driver has been saying about our cats for decades?

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 02:27 PM

As you might expect, bigger ones too, all 48 feet +

Attached picture dream-caribbean.jpg
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 04:04 PM

Too funny TWT - but seriously, have you even tried to sail one of those? Obviously built to comfortably take a large number of guests comfortably from bar to bar while under power. The full size frig is the most redeeming part.

Wow Matt - that doesn’t surprise me but UGH.

Re: Dream Caribbean Blue to begin operating out of Scrub - 09/14/2022 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
Too funny TWT - but seriously, have you even tried to sail one of those? Obviously built to comfortably take a large number of guests comfortably from bar to bar while under power. The full size frig is the most redeeming part.

Wow Matt - that doesn’t surprise me but UGH.

By necessity you need to motor everywhere to keep those batteries charged for the big fridge.

I was upgraded to a brand new Bali 5.4 last year in the Exumas due to a late Lagoon 46 delivery. Had no issues. Been on an older Bali before and it was another story. Had trouble keeping the fridge cold the whole trip.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline