TravelTalkOnline

E.T. Phone Home

Posted By: Boulderboy

E.T. Phone Home - 11/02/2022 06:40 PM

I was looking to ask about wi-fi calling to stay in touch with USA we will be calling a couple of times or more a week and I think our verizon I phone has a easy set up and very in expensive - Do you agree? Is there much of a charge from the phone company or for the wifi there??? Any enlightenment is much appreciated,
Posted By: Thistle

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/04/2022 06:45 PM

Just use international calling for $10 a day with Verizon. You don't need wifi.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/04/2022 07:30 PM

What charter company? Many now have free WiFi on the boats. In most locations it will work. As mentioned however in the above post you can sign up for the 10.00 a day international plan. You will have better coverage.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/04/2022 07:48 PM

Between our great WIFI on the boat (TMM fleet) and Verizon international plan I never have an issue. I even work (ZOOM meetings) from our boat when necessary.

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/07/2022 07:27 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. I need also to get something for my USA landline so my family can call us if need be. It is ATT so I think the have a one world pass for nominal charge for 30days and low cost minutes. Anyone do this as the family in USA has just that landline and not wi-fi but Uverse and wifi if easy.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/07/2022 10:43 PM

You could get a vonage line at your home and then add vonage extension to your smartphone. That way you can make free phone calls from the BVI I pay $10 per month for a line and have 3 lines one just for my villa on VG

Re: E.T. Phone Home - 11/08/2022 10:31 PM

Thanks- I think it boils down to asking ATT to put me on the months rate pass from that home phone and they can call me on our i phone (verizon) in VG if set up for the tie we are there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline