TravelTalkOnline

Update on charters from USVI

Posted By: xrayman67

Update on charters from USVI - 11/13/2022 06:31 PM

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...25rUjapRE_fXSqiYfg6fLSAw&oe=6398C0C4
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/13/2022 09:46 PM

Maybe I am a spoilsport but it is already so busy in the BVI - I can’t imagine how busy it will be with more USVI based boats coming over more freely - especially at JVD where it is already a you know what show.
Posted By: capttom

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/13/2022 11:08 PM

This is Huge for the BVI though. Finally! Now the BVI can start to get back in the business. C and I is one thing and hopefully that gets streamlined as well by eliminating this requirement. Feel bad tho for all the boats and businesses that have spent the last year or so jumping through the hoops.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/13/2022 11:09 PM

MIDiver, have to agree it was nicer without the day boats, although the White Bay businesses have missed them.

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/13/2022 11:32 PM

Ratmanswife - the day boats aren’t what concern me - it’s the charter boats. The mooring fields are already an issue. We like to head down in the winter when it’s cold here but may start rethinking that. Will see how this all unfolds and what it like when we are back in January, March and April.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/14/2022 12:05 PM

We will be happy to send our boats back again as some clients want the option. A lot of our guests haven't bought a new Soggy Dollar T shirt in four years. I have to say that with improvements in the USVI's infrastructure and the beauty of St John not everyone is going to come back.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/14/2022 05:11 PM

Is there an official announcement somewhere regarding this change? The link in the original post looks good, but my inherent distrust of BVI politics and policies makes me hesitate to believe that it is actually going to happen.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/14/2022 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zanshin
Is there an official announcement somewhere regarding this change? The link in the original post looks good, but my inherent distrust of BVI politics and policies makes me hesitate to believe that it is actually going to happen.

https://bvi.gov.vg/media-centre/sta...no-trade-licence-commercial-recreational
Posted By: Matagorda Dude

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/15/2022 05:28 AM

This is great news and long overdue. Pre-COVID, we would charter in BVI but always spend a night or two in USVI. Why not taste the best of both, right? I'm not going to say the process was easy but with a little bit of patience and humility at the customs office, it worked and actually added to the adventure. Does this mean that a BVI charter can come and go to USVI? Seems like such a simple question but I feel like I have just swatted a hornet's nest.

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/16/2022 12:39 PM

https://bvinews.com/premier-clarifies-foreign-charters-restricted-to-drop-offs-at-local-ports/
Posted By: RickG

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/16/2022 01:20 PM

Too crowded in the BVIs? Meanwhile BVI boats have been able to enter the USVI without having to pay fees. There is huge demand for day trips. Easing the restriction is just fair.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Update on charters from USVI - 11/16/2022 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
Meanwhile BVI boats have been able to enter the USVI without having to pay fees.
Cheers, RickG

So, C&I requirements to clear in and out of BVI and the USVI on a charter boat have not changed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline