TravelTalkOnline

Mid-trip report

Posted By: jmon

Mid-trip report - 11/17/2022 01:43 PM

So far so good. Recovery since Irma and covid looks to be well underway. Spent the first 2 nights in Roadtown. Prices are crazy high and service very slow. Restaurant in Maria’s by the Sea could be better if they got rid of the LED lighting. We did night one at Trellis and found a new sushi restaurant which was outstanding. Aragons was closed and the Loose Mongoose is COMPLETELY changed - didn’t even go over. Next 2 nights in N. Sound - BEYC is up and running. Sad to see the original one gone but glad they are going again. I have seen negative reviews here on TTOL about Saba but we found it to be exceptional. Good food and great service. (Albeit expensive). Went over to Leverick the next night and tried the Bistro. Not so good. Service was slow and the food came out less than hot.

At Anegada now. ARH is still a treat, eating on the beach. Met Lawrence, who is Lowell Wheatley’s son. Says his mom is back in the UK with some health issues. We all hope she recovers and returns soon. Lobster Trap, Wonky Dog and Potters is open but not Neptunes. Heading over to the beach later to try Tipsy by Ann. Probably dinner at Lobster Trap. Ate there in 2015 but I understand they have new owners.

Business seems to be picking up. The restrictions have all been lifted. No masks required anywhere we went - even on the plane. We are using BoatyBall but there have been plenty of open balls everywhere we have stayed thus far. I’m sure that may change as we get closer to Thanksgiving and high season.

That’s all for now - just happy to be back and see things getting better for everyone down here. For me, it’s been 7 years, 2 hurricanes and a pandemic since I was here last. I know it has been a struggle for the belongers. We visitors have to be patient and roll over the bumps. [img]http://[/img]
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/17/2022 05:00 PM

Glad y'all are enjoying. Some notes from our last trip; Loose Mongoose is really pretty good. In Anegada, last I saw Neptunes was up for sale. Give Sid's Pomato Point a try - also quite good. Bitter end is also fun - we did two nights there. Keep on reporting!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/17/2022 05:14 PM

I had the lobster thermidor at Lobster Trap a couples weeks ago. Fantastic!!!
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/18/2022 02:21 PM

When you say Leverick "Bistro" are you referring to The Cove? Just don't want anyone to confuse it with the North Sound Bistro around the bend at Blunder Bay.
Posted By: RacerRon

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/18/2022 04:41 PM

Is Aragorn's closed for good?
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/18/2022 10:53 PM

There's not a "Bistro" at Leverick.

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 01:32 AM

Not closed for good -just not there when we were there.

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 01:36 AM

It’s called the North Sound Bistro. Just next to Leverick Bay..
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 02:33 PM

Saba got rid of their previous GM and previous F&B Director and has improved significantly since
Posted By: Husker

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 02:36 PM

talked to friends who were there last week. They said it was awesome.

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 02:40 PM

So you weren't at Leverick? You were disappointed in the food at The North Sound Bistro, not Leverick? Totally different businesses and just trying to clarify.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/19/2022 04:23 PM

We were there just a few days ago and didn't have any of the service issues we had last November.

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/20/2022 12:34 PM

Not sure why we are splitting hairs here. There is only one Bistro on or near Leverick Bay. Leverick Bay is after all a section of water and if you find my reference to that body of water to be confusing, I apologize. I doubt anyone thought i was referring to the Leverick Bay Resort when i referenced The Bistro.

Re: Mid-trip report - 11/20/2022 02:00 PM

Not trying to give you a hard time, merely trying to clarify for folks that don't know since they are two separately run entities. Many new travelers don't know that North Sound Bistro in Blunder Bay even exists and by referencing Leverick it could be mistaken for The Cove, which non-regulars may assume is what you are referring to since it isn't the more upscale "Upstairs" portion of the Leverick resort.
All things Leverick are in Leverick Bay and The North Sound Bistro is in Blunder Bay.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline