TravelTalkOnline

Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance

Posted By: Shifty

Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/29/2022 08:22 PM

I know . . . I'm raising a tired theme - "best restaurants on Anegada." And there's been a ton of good feedback from folks, particularly relative to snagging a great lobster. But as we will be returning to Anegada in January for the first time in several years, I thought I'd pick your collective brains on the same theme, with a twist. For pure ambiance, what are some of your favorite spots for dinner?
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/29/2022 09:08 PM

Sid's Pomato Point and the Lobster Trap
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/29/2022 09:12 PM

Always had a great time for food and ambiance at "The Wonky Dog"
Posted By: DaveZ

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/29/2022 11:20 PM

Ditto the Lobster Trap,along with a nice wine list last we were there (3/22)
Posted By: pk5352

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/29/2022 11:40 PM

In my experience, context is everything. We have had dinners on Anegada that have been "just ok" (mainly due to weather conditions), but also nights at the same spot that were utterly magical. In my opinion, either Anegada Reef Hotel or Wonky Dog can give you absolute magic on the right night. Excited to possibly try The Lobster Trap on this next trip (we leave on Thursday!)
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 12:05 AM

Sid’s. The sunset alone is magical.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 12:15 AM

For ambience it's hard to beat ARH.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 01:01 AM

For ambience and great food I’d go to Sid’s
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 01:08 AM

Sorry to highjack but does anyone have a good recommendation for a breakfast spot? Haven't been since Neptune's closed. Taking the early ferry from VG next month and I know we will want a hearty breakfast before setting out. Not to mention settling the stomach after that ferry ride.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 12:25 PM

Pink Flamingo or Anegada Reef Hotel for breakfast. Pink Flamingo is at the curve on the road going west from Setting Point, just before Sid's.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 01:20 PM

I have land based on Anegada for years. We always loved ARH for ambience. Until Sid opened. Wonky Dog and Potters are fun with great food. But Sid's is just plain magical.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 01:29 PM

I second Pink Flamingo for breakfast. If you don’t want to drive to their restaurant the owner (sorry, I’ve forgotten his name) dinghies into the mooring field in the morning and sells cinnamon rolls, banana bread and blueberry muffins that are delicious.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Anegada Restaurant for Ambiance - 11/30/2022 02:13 PM

Pink Flamingo looks perfect. We are renting a moke so no problem driving. Thank you both!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline