TravelTalkOnline

Tortola Restaurants

Posted By: Theakston

Tortola Restaurants - 01/11/2023 08:26 PM

It’s been 10 years since we last visited Tortola (we used to go every February before we were posted to Europe then COVID hit just after we got back)
Needless to say we are not up to date on Restaurants in Tortola. What are your favourites now? We used to love Bananakeet but it looks like it has closed. We always used to see Quito at least once and have dinner at Sugar Mill.
There used to be some interesting restaurants in Carrot Bay including the shell museum….are these still worth a visit?
We’re staying in Cane Garden bay but will have a car to escape cruise ship crowds and get around.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Tortola Restaurants - 01/11/2023 09:25 PM

Bananakeet is open. Our favorites are D'Coal Pot in Carrot Bay, Indigo House in CGB, Gene's in Fat Hog's Bay & Omars' Fusion in Soper's Hole.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Tortola Restaurants - 01/11/2023 09:35 PM

To those I would add Lady Sarah's on Main St. and Loose Mongoose in Trellis Bay. One of my lime trees is laden with fruit; as soon as they drop Gene should have key lime pie.
Posted By: TomGarvey

Re: Tortola Restaurants - 01/11/2023 09:38 PM

Indigo House in CGB is very good. The Sugar Mill has new owners and is much improved since you were last there. Quito no longer performs at his place. For music, check out the Elm Sunday evenings.
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Tortola Restaurants - 01/13/2023 07:23 PM

Definitely some fan favorites mentioned, I would 2nd all of those and add that Gene just posted on FB about their new shuttle service so if you're looking for a meal the night before charter and doing a sleep aboard this is a great option to get your group there from the charter base. They are sort of off the beaten path but it is so worth it to get there!
Here is the link to the Facebook post https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5686691384775782&set=a.842476069197362
Posted By: calsail

Re: Tortola Restaurants - 01/17/2023 12:04 AM

Brandywine is one of my favorites for food, service, and venue view. Sunsets rock. The Dove is excellent. All the others mentioned in the thread are super.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline