TravelTalkOnline

Anegada

Posted By: lil50

Anegada - 03/21/2023 01:14 AM

this is our 4th trip to the BVI but our first to Anegada. Want to spend 2 nights. Looking for suggestions on what to do and places to eat.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 02:24 AM

Dinner at Wonky Dog. Rent a safari truck, moke, or scooters and tour island; Cow Wreck Beach, Flash of Beauty for snorkeling. I've haven't done this yet but people recommend taking a day trip with Sherwin's Adventures for a half day of boating, snorkeling and exploring the reef
Posted By: 706jim

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 04:03 AM

Suggest you avoid the scooters........
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 11:32 AM

Definitely avoid the scooters! Too dangerous on those sandy roads.
We rented a moke for the first time a few months ago and while it was fun for about 20 minutes it got old very quick. You have to go so slow because the roads are so filled with ruts and holes so you spend too much time driving. I don't mind a bumpy ride but this borders on painful after a while. They are all stick shift too so if you don't know how to drive manual, definitely don't consider it.
Overall, for the day we called it a "goof" but for actual transportation on a 2 day stay, get a real car.
Yes, do the Horseshoe reef tour with either Sherwin or Kelly!
Wonderful breakfast at Pink Flamingo and the owners are great.
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 11:35 AM

Potter's for lobster, Cow Wreck beach, Tipsy's - right next door! Anegada Beach Club to watch kite surfers and great food. Definitely avoid scooters - too many serious injuries.
Posted By: jmon

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 11:49 AM

We were back on Anegada in November and tried Tipsey's for a change. Enjoyed it very much. I agree with the previous posts about scooters. Scooter plus alcohol minus adequate medical facilities equals disaster.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 12:14 PM

I enjoy all the restaurants at the dock. But don't leave out Sid's. Beautiful setting with amazing food. Agree with the others. Pass on the scooters.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 01:46 PM

Rent a car. The number of scooter accidents on Anegada that put an end to vacation fun is a well-kept secret. There are way more scooter injuries than anyone would imagine.

Tipsy for lunch, Sid's for dinner.

Reef trip with Sherwin is a must.

Posted By: Jamie O

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 05:31 PM

Really enjoyed Lobster Trap both in the evening and during the day. They have a free shuttle to Anegada Beach Club on the north shore, which was ok but nothing special. Tipsy was good - lots of games to play and keep you entertained if you like that kind of beach thing.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Anegada - 03/21/2023 10:25 PM

Loved the BLLT at Anegada Beach Club
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: Anegada - 03/22/2023 01:15 AM

Excellent food at ABC!!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Anegada - 03/22/2023 02:23 AM

I'll second the BLLT at ABC! We also had a great dinner at the Lobster Trap last November. The Lobster Thermador was probably the best lobster dish I've ever eaten.
Posted By: VGbound

Re: Anegada - 03/23/2023 12:55 PM

Big Bamboo at Loblolly has wonderful cottages looking onto the beach and water. Really good snorkeling and the restaurant is good for lunch and cocktails. We were just there and have stayed several other days. Enjoy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline