TravelTalkOnline

SJU to STT

Posted By: txjustin

SJU to STT - 08/27/2016 02:52 PM

Well, after searching flights from major carriers from Houston to STT I've come to the conclusion it'll be cheaper to fly to SJU then book a small airline.

What do you guys suggest from SJU to STT?

I have considered air sunshine, seabourne and Jet Blue.
I've heard not great things about seabourne so that makes me a bit nervous as we'll be flying from STT to Anegada.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: SJU to STT - 08/27/2016 03:16 PM

Consider a charter flight from SJU to Anegada rather than fly to STT then to Anegada.
Ace Flight Center, Fly BVI are 2 companies to get quotes from.

Re: SJU to STT - 08/27/2016 05:54 PM

I wasn't aware ace flight would go from SJU to Anegada. I have them chartered from STT to Anegada.

Fly BVI is way out of my price range.
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: SJU to STT - 08/27/2016 08:14 PM

There is supposed to be a new direct flight from Houston to St Thomas on Delta. Not sure when it starts or if it already did.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: SJU to STT - 08/27/2016 11:41 PM

that's new one on me. Would be great for us as we have non stops to Houston.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: SJU to STT - 08/28/2016 08:32 AM

I don't believe Delta would fly that route. United or SW maybe but the distance is 400 miles more then STT JFK and aircraft performance would be marginal on the return leg. The 757 could do it with load restrictions but that would probably make it not economical to operate. Delta is starting up BOS to STT again but just on Saturdays.
G
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: SJU to STT - 08/28/2016 05:40 PM

Okay, maybe I was hallucinating, but I swear I read that there was going to be a non-stop to Houston. Maybe United? I just don't know....

Re: SJU to STT - 08/29/2016 01:18 AM

I thiknk it's United, but I haven't seen them yet.
Posted By: capndar

Re: SJU to STT - 08/29/2016 04:09 PM

Houston is a United/Continental hub
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: SJU to STT - 08/29/2016 04:14 PM

Continental?
Posted By: RickG

Re: SJU to STT - 08/29/2016 04:35 PM

I saw a press release for United Houston to STT. We have friends in Lafayette who were excited.

Flying Ace from SJU to Anegada sounds like a great option.

Cheers, RickG

Re: SJU to STT - 08/30/2016 12:55 PM

RickG said:
I saw a press release for United Houston to STT. We have friends in Lafayette who were excited.

Flying Ace from SJU to Anegada sounds like a great option.

Cheers, RickG

Ace-SJu to Anegada is way out of our price range. However, I've booked Ace-STT to Anegada, which is manageable.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline