TravelTalkOnline

accommodations on St.John

Posted By: Rudy

accommodations on St.John - 11/18/2016 10:18 PM

Where is a decent place to stay for 3-4 nights on STJ? We are campers, but not sure if we want to stay at Cinnamon Bay. Heard it's under repair or short staffed?
We prefer to not stay in a resort. TIA
Posted By: FLJim

Re: accommodations on St.John - 11/19/2016 12:47 AM

This is sort-of like camping, luxury style. I've never stayed but have seen it from Salt Pond Bay.

http://www.concordiaeco-resort.com
Posted By: RickG

Re: accommodations on St.John - 11/19/2016 12:55 PM

Concordia is hardly camping and it has great accomodations. But, it is a bit out there. I would recommend hitting VRBO and AirBnB and getting a simple place. On STJ you need a rental car if you are not in Cruz Bay. There is good hiking available from Cruz Bay with four beaches you can walk to.

Some simple places we like are St. John Guest Suites (Beth is a friend), Samuel Cottages, Cruz Views, Serendip, Hillcrest Guesthouse, Coconut Coast Villas...

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: accommodations on St.John - 11/21/2016 01:31 PM

The Inn at Tamarind Court and the St John Inn are good options in Cruz Bay.
Posted By: RickBlaine

Re: accommodations on St.John - 11/21/2016 03:31 PM

I really like Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel.
Posted By: markis

Re: accommodations on St.John - 12/13/2016 09:38 AM

We are staying 1 night at the St John Inn before we get into our villa. How far is to walk to the restaurants, and bars in Cruz Bay from the there? Thanks.
Posted By: RickG

Re: accommodations on St.John - 12/13/2016 01:18 PM

Its a quick walk, about the same length from the parking lot at the car barge terminal. Call it a 10-minute stroll to the ferry wharf.

Walking up the hill to Southshore Road, the Inn at Tamarind Court (good breakfast, chef's rotated nightly) is to the right and the roundabout at Centerline Drive and the center of Cruz Bay is to the left. You walk down the hill past Extra Virgin, Quiet Mon, La Tapa, Woody's, Ferry Wharf, etc and to Wharfside Village (Joe's Rum Hut, Beach Bar), or across the roundabout (Dolphin Market on the corner) to go to the Lumberyard and Mongoose Junction.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline