TravelTalkOnline

too soon to visit in December

Posted By: tangerine3

too soon to visit in December - 09/13/2017 01:06 PM

We were thinking about planning a trip to St. Croix in early December. We would be coming from Florida via SJU. I was trying to find anything regarding any damage to the SJU airport but didn't see anything. I did read that St. Croix really didn't receive any damages.

Can anyone please let me know if it would be too early to make plans for coming to St. Croix. Are all accommodations going to be ready to accept tourists? Thank you.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: too soon to visit in December - 09/13/2017 02:29 PM

tangerine3 said:
We were thinking about planning a trip to St. Croix in early December. We would be coming from Florida via SJU. I was trying to find anything regarding any damage to the SJU airport but didn't see anything. I did read that St. Croix really didn't receive any damages.

Can anyone please let me know if it would be too early to make plans for coming to St. Croix. Are all accommodations going to be ready to accept tourists? Thank you.

Might be just a tad early to get an assessment of status in December?
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: too soon to visit in December - 09/13/2017 04:39 PM

St. Croix fared much better than STT and STJ
Posted By: MissinStT

Re: too soon to visit in December - 09/13/2017 06:39 PM

I believe that STX airport and all resorts on the island are open and receiving commercial flights now. December in St. Croix should be no problem at all.
Posted By: sailorjane

Re: too soon to visit in December - 09/14/2017 12:34 PM

STX not heavily damaged and in fact they are coordinating relief efforts of private boats to STJ and STT and many have evacuated there via those boats or official boats.
Love STX and they know from Hugo what the other islands are going through as they were devastated by Hugo back when there was no FB or cell phones to tell the story.
Please visit and enjoy the wonderful Crucian hospitality, a beautiful island and your money will be going back into the territory.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline