TravelTalkOnline

Upcoming 2018 Trip

Posted By: txjustin

Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/19/2017 05:07 PM

So, got an email today saying our villa rental on St John at end of April 18 is canceled and we will be received a refund. The villa is canceling all 2018 rentals. The villa sits behind the Westin. This is pretty concerning as we are now thinking about vacationing elsewhere, unfortunately, in 2018. While we want to help the island with our tourist dollars, I'm starting to think it's best we cancel the 2018 aspirations completely. I don't want to come off as not being compassionate or understanding of what our island friends are going through as I cannot even fathom it. We love the islands and the people who live there.

Thoughts?
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/19/2017 07:20 PM

Many of the NPS beaches on STJ are actually wider than before the storms. If you can find a villa that was not significantly damaged than STJ would be viable destination in April. Finding that villa will be the issue, though, as damage assessments are still ongoing.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/19/2017 09:31 PM

We are booked for a February trip and our villa was destroyed. As it stands now, we are trying to secure alternative accommodations. I have a couple feelers. It yes, as mentioned above, finding a place will be a challenge. The rental contacts I made said it's still too soon to give the green light on the ones they think will be ok to rent in February, you should have more options for April.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/23/2017 03:00 PM

Thank you for wanting to bring much needed dollars to the USVI!
We had actually not planned a trip to the USVI next year (I booked a safari in South Africa instead).
However, I'm now thinking that perhaps we should also do a trip to the USVI to help them recover.
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/24/2017 05:39 PM

Twanger said:
However, I'm now thinking that perhaps we should also do a trip to the USVI to help them recover.

We were looking at Croatia.... Back to USVI/BVI for us as well.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Upcoming 2018 Trip - 10/25/2017 12:28 PM

cwoody said:
Twanger said:

We were looking at Croatia.... Back to USVI/BVI for us as well.

Will will have some mono's back in service in December. Look forward to seeing you.

Jay
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline