TravelTalkOnline

Dec. 3 charter

Posted By: JulieDave

Dec. 3 charter - 10/19/2017 11:40 PM

We have a Dec 3rd charter booked through CYOC and are still going although the other couple backed out due to the air line ticket prices. Just checking about food and supplies available in St. Thomas Stores? Are any restaurants open yet and is power back on in town? Any feed back would be welcomed.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/20/2017 02:04 PM

have you called Jay at CYOA, it's local call. My friends in STT say it's a total mess. She actually sent her 15 year old son to the states for school
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/21/2017 10:19 AM

It is getting better by the day and will be fine by December. Ther are lots of restaurants open. The grocery stores are open. The power is on in town and the stateside line crews are making great progress.

The bright side is the water is still beautiful and it will not be busy.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/21/2017 12:29 PM

A quick look at airfares that week shows them very reasonable. Mostly index 500 round trip from several US cities. I suspect they just don't want to go.
G
Posted By: Eriesailor

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/21/2017 03:32 PM

Airfares just two weeks ago were around $350 from where I live, now they are back up to around $500 so the prices are trending up. Not really sure of the reason for this - maybe demand is increasing?
Posted By: Eriesailor

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/21/2017 03:39 PM

Captain Jay, we are chartering thru CYOA on November 29th and I am thinking of doing a mix if USVI/SVI/BVI for our itinerary. As the time comes nearer would you mind if I picked your brain as to what the best anchorages would be? I would love to do Esperanza and Dewey but they might not be ready by then. Agenda and Jost would be awesome as well but same deal, they might not be ready for our group of 12. Honeymoon beach? I figure you would know better than anyone.
Posted By: capndar

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/23/2017 12:04 PM

Capt Jay is a great resource for planning an itinerary
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/23/2017 06:30 PM

Jost is pretty much gone. It will quite a while for recovery. I would contact Walker about Anegada, but the pictures we have seen are not pretty
Posted By: RickG

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/23/2017 07:24 PM

Foxy's outside bar opened yesterday with a new roof made from salvaged material. New Horizon has a new ferry that has started running. It's a start.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/24/2017 01:03 AM

See "BVITraveller.com" for recovery reports.
Posted By: justaroofer

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/24/2017 12:09 PM

CaptainJay said:
It is getting better by the day and will be fine by December. Ther are lots of restaurants open. The grocery stores are open. The power is on in town and the stateside line crews are making great progress.

The bright side is the water is still beautiful and it will not be busy.

I can't wait to get back!
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Dec. 3 charter - 10/25/2017 12:31 PM

sail2wind said:
Jost is pretty much gone. It will quite a while for recovery. I would contact Walker about Anegada, but the pictures we have seen are not pretty

Nonsense. The damage was severe to property. Soggy was slinging drinks this past weekend as was Foxy's. That place was built with tents, folding tables and yes Soggy Folding Money. It will be rebuilt the same way.

I can't wait to see Gertrude with a cast, a honda generator and blender. Smiling all the way to the bank.

Jay
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline