TravelTalkOnline

St John C&I Reopening This Week!!!

Posted By: BaardJ

St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/02/2018 04:22 PM

http://www.vipca.org/customs-update/

U.S. Customs and Border Protection clearance at VIPA’s seaports in St. John has been a major challenge since the hurricanes last September because most of VIPA’s marine facilities in Cruz Bay were destroyed. However, temporary arrangements have been made to bring some relief to mariners. Starting on the week of June 4, Customs will clear pleasure-craft vessels at the Victor Sewer Marine Facility (The Creek) in Cruz Bay.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/02/2018 06:44 PM

Baard - where is "The Creek" in Cruz Bay? Is it the ferry dock? Thanks!
Posted By: CYOACHARTERBASE

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/02/2018 06:56 PM

The Creek is not in Cruz Bay. It is south of Cruz and Great Cruz. It is the commercial barge port. Be certain to pass Stevens Cay top the West.

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/03/2018 01:53 PM

Are you sure CYOA? I think you're referring to the The Theovald Eric Moorehead Dock and Terminal at Enighed Pond, St. John. That's where the car barge berths.

The Creek is where the destroyed C&I office, and NPS docks are located. At the head of the Creek is the wharf where the St John passenger ferries to Redhook and BVI depart from. I'm assuming that CBP setup a temporary building there.

http://www.viport.com/seaports/seaports.html#The_St._John_Cargo_Dock

Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/03/2018 03:21 PM

On st john 'The creek' has always referred to the eastern channel entering Cruz Bay. (
(NPS dock, old car barge location, former C&I dock)

I guess we will know more this week.
Posted By: Halcyon

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/14/2018 11:05 AM

The C&I Office in Cruz Bay is open, walked in yesterday to say hello. They are set up in a trailer close to where the old office was and are open 7 days a week.

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/14/2018 06:59 PM

PERFECT!!!

Did you notice if the NPS dinghy docks are open?
Posted By: GW248

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/15/2018 07:18 PM

Just stopped by and they said yes dinghy docks operating as usual.

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/28/2018 03:16 PM

I had a quick efficient clear-in at the new Cruz Bay C&I office yesterday. As previously mentioned, it's at the head of the Creek just past their demolished office.

I did make an amateur mistake. Seeing two dinghies tied off at the wharf, I tied up my dinghy alongside and was charged $12 ($1/ft x 12' dinghy) by the Port Authority representative for the 10 minute stop. I knew they charged if you brought your big boat to the dock - didn't even occur to me about the dinghy.

Simply go to the NPS docks then walk over to the C&I trailer.
Posted By: yourcraig

Re: St John C&I Reopening This Week!!! - 06/28/2018 11:26 PM

If you are up for it, you could do the world a service. On Google Maps you can right click to "add a missing place", then you can drop a pin on exactly where the trailer is for USVI C&I. The National Park Service is already marked.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline