TravelTalkOnline

CYOA Provision leftovers

Posted By: GrantMar

CYOA Provision leftovers - 05/29/2019 08:48 PM

Anyone know about leftovers from a recent charter?
I am sure we will have some to donate if someone is interested. Our dates are June 1-10.

Thanks,

Grant
Posted By: sail445

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 05/29/2019 10:24 PM

Usually the maintenance people who clean up the boats after charter really appreciate the extras you leave on board.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 05/30/2019 01:23 AM

Leftover provisions are collected and then divided up among the CYOA staff at the end of the day. I'm sure its much appreciated by them.
Posted By: GrantMar

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 05/30/2019 12:29 PM

Well that seems nice... never mind smile

Originally Posted by BaardJ
Leftover provisions are collected and then divided up among the CYOA staff at the end of the day. I'm sure its much appreciated by them.
Posted By: Pearson

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 06/05/2019 07:08 PM

I've heard that leftovers are divided up too. But does anyone have first hand knowledge if that's true? On the one hand, I want that to be the case, but on the other, if not, then I'm just adding to the work for the yacht crews flipping the boat and wasting perfectly good leftovers. Giving to another charter then, seems worthwhile. Does staff really want my leftover matches, paper towels and a lime?
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 06/05/2019 09:03 PM

I've personally seen the CYOA staff divide up the leftovers numerous times. It's all brought to the picnic tables under the tent by the office and then split up at closing time. You should not worry about it going to waste. Those folks are making a lot less money than the people renting the boats so this little extra is appreciated (especially fresh caught frozen fish and Caribs!).

Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 06/07/2019 09:35 PM

.... little extra is appreciated (especially fresh caught frozen fish and Caribs!).

I think your leftovers are a little hard for me to compete with!
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: CYOA Provision leftovers - 06/08/2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by agrimsrud
.... little extra is appreciated (especially fresh caught frozen fish and Caribs!).

I think your leftovers are a little hard for me to compete with!

Anders you need to try harder. :-)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline