TravelTalkOnline

Any Re-Opening Reports?

Posted By: CaptnAndy

Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/20/2020 05:15 PM

Just wondering if there are any reports from the re-opening?
Screening at the Airport? etc.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/20/2020 08:48 PM

Bring a Covid Test received within 5 days
Fill out the travel portal form and print it
Makes your arrival much simpler.
READ:
https://usviupdate.com/
Posted By: CaptnAndy

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/21/2020 04:45 PM

Thanks. Was looking for anyone who know anyone that actually
went through the screening in the past few days. Sometimes there
is a difference between what's written, and what actually happens??
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/21/2020 06:18 PM

Would be nice to know what test documentation needs to be presented upon landing in STT.

Have not been tested yet. Is there an internationally excepted document for a COVID quick test??

Edited:
For STT looks like you down load your test results using the

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS TRAVEL SCREENING PORTAL

You must time it so after you get tested and then Date you receive results must be within five days of travel.
( might have to do a dry run to see how this all works )

Then you will get approval to travel thru the portal.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/21/2020 09:44 PM

Friend went through this week. You need to print out the completed form from the travel portal and bring a copy of your COVID test results. In today’s press conference Governor Bryan said that for those 15 years and older the test must be taken within 5 days. See the live press conference Monday’s at 1pm at https://www.facebook.com/GovernmentHouseUSVI/

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/22/2020 01:09 PM

So if the USVI and the BVI require test/results within five days....

Here is our possible TESTING itinerary for January...

GET TESTED 1: Get tested before flying into STT. (Jan 1,2021)
Stay in STT for 4 days before travel to BVI.

GET TESTED 2: Get tested before ferry to BVI ( Jan 4, 2021)
Sail in BVI for 7 days

GET TESTED 3: Get tested before ferry back to STT. (Jan 12, 2021)
Fly home Jan 13,2021.

This is going to be crazy.... unless USVI and BVI come to some sort of TESTING agreement.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/22/2020 04:12 PM

The USVI/BVI or even Puerto Rico situation will be interesting. I have the same dilemma Chuck, flying directly to EIS on arrival for charter, but what to do about departure? Currently routed through STT, could change to SJU, but both will likely require negative test for arrival to clear in even if just transit - is there any hope of obtaining a rapid/same day test on Tortola?!

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/22/2020 05:55 PM

This USVI Govt SITE was Updated 9/21 and should be checked over time:

https://usviupdate.com/

As of the 9/21 update you must have a Covid-19 test "TAKEN and received within 5 day of travel"

As far as the illustrated Jan travel itinerary by cwoody:
It is pretty much an unknown at least on the USVI side if the restrictions will be the same or have changed [more or less restrictive] by your Jan. dates. Our Governor is keeping the situation looked at and responding to change.
I see many things that we have always accepted and gotten used to changing dramatically - with many never returning - what is being called :New Normal"
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/23/2020 06:26 PM

Good thing I read the above posts. I had my test planned 6 days before departure on Oct 9th so I would receive them within the 5 day requirement...now....testing has to be obtained in that 5 day period.
Need to change that test date

Can't keep up with the changes...

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/24/2020 05:17 PM

Also have seen this posted in response to questions much like yours:

Visitors or residents who have tourism-related inquiries are asked to email info@usviupdate.com or call the department's toll-free number at (800) 372-USVI (8784).

Re: Any Re-Opening Reports? - 09/25/2020 06:05 PM

This is copy/paste from a tripadvisor traveler to STT 9/23

Traveled on Sept. 23rd (2 friends and I) with negative rapid COVID done at around 7pm the day before.

We didn’t submit documents in time for TravelPortal, so we printed them and brought negative COVID test print out.

There were two lines are the airport. One if you had the correct negative test where they took your temperature; the other for no test which was much longer. I’m not sure what happened with the other lane—some could’ve been tested there, but there were hundreds in the other line. Either they were all tested or some of them were and the rest told to quarantine somewhere ....

So much anxiety, but as long as you have your correct documents and don’t have fever, it’s not a long process at all.

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline