TravelTalkOnline

USVI to BVI in January?

Posted By: Shifty

USVI to BVI in January? - 10/08/2020 02:43 AM

Greetings, All,

We are scheduled to charter out of CYOA in late/December and early January, with arrival flight to STT. Our hope is to sail into the BVI on Jan.1 and back into the USVI on January 8, then flying home out of STT. As with so many others, we’ve been following developments with great interest...a moving target indeed.
From what I can tell at present, there are 2 defining bits of news:
1). Entering the USVI will require a very recent negative COVID test or an antibody test, utilizing the USVI travel portal; and
2) when the BVI opens in December, it appears Beef Island will be the only entry point.
Based upon this, here are my present questions:
1) If the Beef Island limitation plays out, does that effectively eliminate the BVI from our itinerary?
2) Even if we can clear somewhere in the BVI, will the strict timeframes for proving a negative COVID test likely mean we would need to re-test in the BVI?
3) Assuming there is some way to cruise the BVI, what will be required to re-enter the USVI on our way back?

I know all of this calls mostly for speculation at this point, I sure would appreciate any insights you might be able to share.

Shifty
Posted By: cwoody

Re: USVI to BVI in January? - 10/08/2020 03:55 PM

Sorry Shifty,

We are all in the same boat here.

Waiting for the official BVI govt announcement about all the above.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: USVI to BVI in January? - 10/08/2020 07:43 PM

Shifty - or bag the BVI and spend your time cruising the USVI. Lots of places to go and see. We did this in June and it was a great trip.
Posted By: RickG

Re: USVI to BVI in January? - 10/09/2020 03:21 PM

Things will change. If more COVID tests are required for BVI entry I would skip and stick to the USVIs and Culebra/Vieques of they are open. St. Croix is a good sail with great fishing there and back.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline