TravelTalkOnline

Travel Portal

Posted By: Shifty

Travel Portal - 12/07/2020 10:15 PM

After reviewing the present USVI Travel Portal guidelines and restrictions and seeing that a positive antibody test within the past 4 months is suitable for admission, I went and obtained an antibody test, which showed positive (most of our family tested positive for COVID this summer). With that certificate in hand, I tried to enroll on the Travel Portal. It is apparent, however, that even though a positive antibody test can be obtained well outside the 5-day parameters otherwise applicable to negative COVID screens, I still can't submit my forms until I'm within 5 days of travel. We are flying to STT on Dec.30. I was hoping to get ahead of the curve on this issue and have it settled sooner than later, but it looks like I'll have to wait. Has anyone else had experience working with the portal on the basis of a positive antibody screen?

Shifty
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Travel Portal - 12/08/2020 12:37 AM

The portal was put together very quickly and although it may seem easy to make code/programming changes in the cyber oriented world but here in the USVI that portal working so well - maybe somewhat limited -- is considered a real accomplishment and close to miraculous.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Travel Portal - 12/08/2020 01:35 AM

Working considerably better than the BVI portal as of now.
Posted By: cruzdoc

Re: Travel Portal - 12/09/2020 01:17 AM

We did not have antibody tests but the USVI portal was pretty straight forward and worked well for us. We got our acceptance email about 12 hours after we sent it within the 5 days.

Make sure you send a clear picture or jpeg of your info with clearly legible name and test result and time. We had someone turned down due to illegibility of their result. Hoping they don’t shut things down in the USVI again with some recent spikes I have heard.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline