TravelTalkOnline

Dinner Near Redhook

Posted By: Stevepoz

Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 12:31 AM

Hi all,

Returning to the VIs in 10 days (alas no BVIs this trip) & doing a sleep aboard the 1st night in Redhook. We need to find a place for dinner on the 1st night before we start our cruise and would welcome suggestions. We have 8 couples (2 boa\ts of 4 couples each) and probably would lean towards nicer (good food wise rather than dress up wise) and would appreciate any recommendations. The crew of our boat suggested Mims, but it has some dodgy recent reviews (I know what reviews can be like so I take them all with SEVERAL grains of sal\t). Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 01:52 AM

I would head to Frenchtown..we love "The French Quarter Bistro" or splurge a little for "Oceana" out on the point..pretty and amazing..
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 02:12 AM

In November we ate at the Easterly, a new upscale restaurant close to the ferry terminal - it was quite nice, although I can't remember specifics.
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 02:20 AM

Please know that there is a max number of people that can be seated together and I think it’s 6. It’s an island wide rule and the restaurants here are very compliant with the rules.

Like Mal, We also love love love the French Quarter Bistro. It’s about 30 minutes from Red Hook and we think it’s worth it. Make reservations though.

If you’re at Compass Point for your charter, enjoy the onsite Dive Bar. It is in fact the perfect dive bar! Their chicken sandwiches are awesome.

If you’re at American Yacht Harbor you have tons of (14 or 15) options. We like Island Time Pub on the 3rd floor. Best pizza around.

Enjoy!
Posted By: RickG

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 12:31 PM

We like The Easterly in Redhook. It has great apps, mains, and desserts with seafood featured. The DOH mandates no more than six per table. Island Time Pub is more casual and features great pizza.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 02:35 PM

Second the Easterly recommend....
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/17/2021 11:46 PM

We had a fabulous meal at the Caribbean Fish Market Saturday night. It would require a cab ride.
Posted By: Stevepoz

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/18/2021 02:54 AM

Thanks all much appreciated
Posted By: jphart

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/21/2021 12:14 PM

Just snagged reservations for The Easterly!
One of our fellow cruise mates knows one of the investors
Posted By: RickG

Re: Dinner Near Redhook - 02/21/2021 01:35 PM

You'll love it. I can't recommend specific dishes as they rotate, but anything seafood / wahoo is delicious.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline