TravelTalkOnline

Royal Islander vs SBR

Posted By: boucharda

Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/05/2021 08:32 PM

I am deciding on a late summer visit (on an II exchange) and have a couple of options.....SBR where I own and have stayed MANY times over 20 years..or a new experience..Royal Palm on Kim Sha....

I saw that RP charges $25/day fee and maybe also charges for wifi which sounds a bit lame since SBR only charges the $50/week TS tax/fee and zip for wifi....If both are correct I would book SBR and scrap the new experience. Comments?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/05/2021 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
I am deciding on a late summer visit (on an II exchange) and have a couple of options.....SBR where I own and have stayed MANY times over 20 years..or a new experience..Royal Palm on Kim Sha....

I saw that RP charges $25/day fee and maybe also charges for wifi which sounds a bit lame since SBR only charges the $50/week TS tax/fee and zip for wifi....If both are correct I would book SBR and scrap the new experience. Comments?

Are you asking about Royal Islander as your heading indicates or Royal Palm that you refer to within your post?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/05/2021 09:19 PM

As JD said, are you asking about Royal Islander or Royal Palm? As far as the $25 per day fee at RP, I THINK that applies if you rent as a hotel, not if you're doing an exchange. And before Irma, they didn't charge for wifi if you 're doing an exchange.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/06/2021 12:33 AM

The 25 a day at Royal Palm is a resort fee that includes wifi and is charged to renters and guests that trade in. Same at Flamingo.

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/06/2021 10:06 AM

Scuba thanks....and my mistake with the thread title....I meant RP. Sorry
Posted By: Todd

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/06/2021 08:31 PM

Just stayed at Royal Palm up to April 30th on an exchange, WIFI I think allowed up to 3 or 4 devices and was free. My total bill for the week was the $50 timeshare tax and that was it, just confirmed looking at the receipt.

Royal Palm is freshly remodeled, they did a nice job with the colors and some of what they did and some of the other items like the appliances probably won't last long but for now it is a pretty good place to stay. I probably would be a bit disappointed if I was an owner with some of the decisions but on an exchange it was a nice choice.

Cheers,
Todd

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/06/2021 09:21 PM

OK, thanks for the feedback.

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/07/2021 10:56 AM

Interesting....so no $25/day and free in room wifi..same as SBR....thanks. Conflicts with previous reports but I like it better

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/07/2021 01:07 PM

Just a pure guess here, maybe Diamond was told they couldn't charge those extra fees on exchanges by RCI or whoever it is?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Royal Islander vs SBR - 05/07/2021 02:15 PM

If you get on the Diamond site they still state there are extra resort fees except for owners when booking a room. Since Todd was there during the soft opening it might have been an oversight. I'll to remember to ask tomorrow when I check into Flamingo.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline