TravelTalkOnline

Easter Dinner

Posted By: JohnandBev

Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 12:45 AM

We are in Orient village. We brought lamb with us from Canada - P&P will know the butcher - J&G aka Peter -
Excellent centre cut chops grilled and served with pistachio ravioli from En Dirait le Sud sauced with pesto from their shop with a lovely rose - Yum.
Listening to some Toots and the Maytals and the waves – Perfect! – said Pop Larkin – for the fans of The Darling Buds of May
J&B
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 12:50 AM

Lamb is perfect on Easter or any day for that matter. We always bring lamb chops with us to St. Maarten too.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:20 PM

John and Bev--you should check out the lamb chops at Super U sometime. We have purchased them there several times and they were excellent.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:23 PM

Good, better than lamb we bought at la Ferme in Marigot! The chicken legs were not good either. Sorry LF, but you can't beat Bell & Evans or lamb we get in Maine!
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:24 PM

We brought them as well along with some steaks. Nice to grill in some nights.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:25 PM

Where is it Carol? Guess I'll google! We were disappointed and thought it was going to be awesome Easter dinner..NOT!

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:31 PM

singbeach--Super U is in Marigot, right by the McDonalds laugh, and also in Hope Estate.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 01:32 PM

pandp--We always bring steaks and a few other things along also. Just never brought lamb.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/01/2024 03:02 PM

Same here Carol. Not only do we bring lamb but also Steaks, Smoked Pork chops, wild king salmon both raw and smoked and sometimes frozen marinated boneless chicken thighs. Being there for over three weeks at a time we just can't eat restaurant food every day. Not a problem bringing it as we are allowed to check 2 bags apiece.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 06:07 PM

The lamb from Super U is devine and less expensive than from home. All the meats look great there.

I made rack of lamb for Easter with scalloped potatoes, and garlic green beans and served a Sancere. Hubby limits his red meat intake and he devoured it. After we had cherry ricotta pie.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 06:39 PM

I know Sancerre is a white wine made from the Sauvignon Blanc grape from the Sancerre region of France and is a white varietal but that region also produces some fine Pinot Noirs. Surprised you chose a white instead of a red with lamb. Menu selection sounded great.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 06:47 PM

RonDon--we always bring steaks and burgers, but usually buy lamb on island, as it does seem very good there, and cheaper than at home, versus the beef.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 06:47 PM

Actually, there are both red and white Sancerres.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

That's what I said. The region produces both.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I know Sancerre is a white wine made from the Sauvignon Blanc grape from the Sancerre region of France and is a white varietal but that region also produces some fine Pinot Noirs. Surprised you chose a white instead of a red with lamb. Menu selection sounded great.

Laporte Les Royaux Sancerre 2020, a delicious RED. is what we had.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 09:00 PM

Scuba if you want the rest of the menu:

we started with a cold creamy spinach soup with lemon and mint and served La Vauvise Sancerre, a Loire white 2019. So both white & red were covered.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/02/2024 10:05 PM

Well handled and I'm sure well paired with the food.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/03/2024 11:06 AM

No, what you said is that you know Sancerre is a white, and that you were surprised that they had white wine with their lamb. You did mention the red varietals, but you were very clear about your belief that their wine was the white varietal.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/03/2024 01:20 PM

All righty then. Let's move on folks.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/03/2024 02:31 PM

No, what you said is that you know Sancerre is a white, and that you were surprised that they had white wine with their lamb. You did mention the red varietals, but you were very clear about your belief that their wine was the white varietal.

Did you not understand this.
"Sancerre region of France and is a white varietal but that region also produces some fine Pinot Noirs."
The Pinot Noir is a RED from the Sancerre Region if you didn't already know. Sancerre is a type of wine usually associated as a white wine made with the Sauvignon Blanc grape and also a recognized region that produces both white and red wines.

Re: Easter Dinner - 04/03/2024 02:46 PM

This one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline